Overwatch Update 1.09 Is Live on PS4 & Xbox One, Fixes Bugs
Blizzard has confirmed that Overwatch update 1.09 is now live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, reportedly weighing in at a 210MB download on both consoles. As the Battle.net forums show, the new update fixes a few issues and updates the UI:
- Players should now see fewer Plays of the Game featuring Mercy’s Resurrection ability
- Increased payload speed on Eichenwalde
User Interface Updates
- A new Competitive Tier legend has been added to the Competitive Play info screen
- A new Match Complete splash screen has replaced the former Round Complete splash screen in competitive matches
- Fixed a bug which prevented the Triple Kill announcement from being played after a kill streak of 3 or more
- Fixed several issues causing some players obtain a skill rating that’s higher than their actual rating
- Note: A very small number of people were affected by these issues, but those who were affected will have their skill rating adjusted appropriately
- Fixed a bug causing the wrong arrow to be shown on Hanzo’s bow, or disappear entirely (the correct arrow would still be fired)
- Fixed a bug preventing Junkrat’s RIP-Tire from receiving credit for kills, achievements, and other stats
- Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on Hollywood
Blizzard also revealed recently that they’re looking into bringing the high bandwidth update to consoles.
If you haven’t turned on your PS4 today, you’ll need to download the new system update 4.00 before playing Overwatch.
Did you notice any other changes with update 1.09?