Since it’s launch in late 2007, PAIN has received numerous updates and even more DLC. While much of the DLC is rather insignificant characters occasionally we do get something more. When Trophies were first released for PAIN the Amusement Park addon came, now two new DLC were released and along with those come additional Trophies.
‘The Hoff’ is the first real premium character, he comes with his own Trophy but along with that comes a higher price tag than other characters. The Movie Studio is the second premium location to be released for PAIN this year, and as one would expect comes with additional Trophies which some may be surprised to discover are rather simple compared to many of the previous Trophies.
–Requires ‘The Hoff’–
Gettin’ Hoff (Gold): Use Tuxedo Hoff to get 69 million in any PAINdemonium Mode
– You need to use Tuxedo Hoff to score an accumulative total of 69 million in the Downtown PAINdemonium areas. The toughest part of this is actually unlocking Tuxedo Hoff which requires scoring at least 6,900,069 points in a single launch with The Hoff. If you have the Amusement Park addon this becomes a bit easier if you are good at keeping yourself moving in some way. You’ll unlock Tuxedo Hoff after you reset the launcher and scoring at least 6,900,069 points, afterwords just keep using Tuxedo Hoff in any of the Downtown PAINdemonium areas until you amass 69 million. If you don’t already have the Affliction Addiction Trophy I suggest waiting till you get Tuxedo Hoff before going for it so you can knock out two birds with one stone.
Buzzmonkey (Silver): Score 60 Monkeys in Spank the Monkey Painful with Buzz
– You need to get through a few steps to get this. First you need to unlock the Movie Studio Afterparty, which is done by destroying the 8 movie lots without resetting the scene. Be sure to hit everything in the sets including cameras, mic boons, chairs, green screens and be sure to break the spotlights. There are even some hidden landmines in the War scene. After unlocking Afterparty you’ll need to score a three million point run in Afterparty which is not all that simple. Some people have had luck using the Beaverzilla set and just keeping on the move. After unlocking Buzz it’s just getting to Painful on Spank the Monkey and using Buzz to spank 60 of them, which is still fairly difficult in it’s own right. Hitting two monkeys in one launch will get you some extra time, which you’ll almost definitely need.
Helmet PI (Bronze): Give the Gladiator a ride in the Sports Car
– This one is rather simple surprisingly. Occasionally you’ll unlock it without even trying for it. The trick is simply to get the Gladiator (or his club) to touch the Sports Car. You don’t need to get them into the car, just get one of the two to touch it. A simple way to accomplish this is to hit the Gladiator and grab and drag him (or his club) onto the road where the Sports Car will drive over it. Just wait for the Sports Car to come around and drive over it for the Trophy.
Camera Boom (Bronze): Hit 50 Cameras with Explosions
– A simple yet somewhat time consuming Trophy. Just hit 50 cameras with explosives, resetting allowed. The best way I found to do this is to use the launcher beside of the Beaverzilla Set in Touchmounds and shoot toward the Car/Helicopter set and grab the explosive on the Camera Crane. On your way down release the explosive so that it hits the camera behind the Police car. Reset to launcher, reset scene and repeat. It’s not the most fun way to go about it, but it works.
–Requires a Female character–
Glass Lass (Bronze): Break 500 panes of glass with any female launchable in Mime Toss
– Use any female character(s) to break 500 panes of glass in Mime Toss. Just keep at it and you will get it eventually. You actually need to break the glass with the Mime, launching the character straight into the glass does not count. If you so choose to grind this one out, find a trajectory that will net you around three or four glass breaks per launch. Launch, break as much glass as possible and then reset. It’ll only take around 125 launches if you can get four per shot, but expect to spend some time on this regardless. If your not good at breaking a specific piece of glass then don’t go for it, just reset and continue grinding away.
Blockbuster (Bronze): Use a tank to blow up the Castle Tower
– In Touchmounds use the launcher near the Alien Set. Turn the launcher around and aim for just above the barrels behind the tank. Hit the explosive and the barrels will roll down and shoot the cannon… right towards the tower. Yes PAIN actually does have a Trophy that is that easy.