Battlefield 3 is quickly approaching its October release date, and there are no doubt many among you who are ready to place a pre-order. But where, oh where should you lay down the money? Some of the retailer-specific incentives have recently been detailed, and you can read all about them after the jump.
- Free access to the “Back to Karkland” expansion DLC. This DLC will remain exclusive to pre-orderers for a month after release, at which point it is expected to be priced at $10.
- An exclusive set of in-game dog tags for your multiplayer characters.
Next up is Best Buy’s offer:
- Free access to the aforementioned “Back to Karkland” DLC.
- A set of 8 exclusive multiplayer skins, in a collection dubbed the “SPECACT Kit.”
Finally we have an offer from GameStop:
- The same “Back to Karkland” DLC as mentioned before.
- A free download of the “Physical Warfare” pack, which was previously only a UK pre-order incentive. This DLC provides for early access to the following weapons and accessories: the Type 88 LMG, DAO-12 shotgun along with accompanying Flechette ammo, and a flash suppressor for the SKS sniper rifle.
So with all retailers giving pre-orderers access to the “Back to Karkland” DLC, the choice appears to be between having a different look as in Amazon’s and Best Buy’s offers, or gaining early access to some equipment as in GameStop’s incentive. Which will you choose? Battlefield 3 is set to release on October 25th, 27th, and 28th in North America, Australia and Europe respectively.