Rev up your engines gearheads because the latest patch for Gran Turismo 5, v2.02, is now live on the PlayStation Network.
As we’ve covered previously, the patch brings a whole host of new changes including the ability to change wheels on Standard Cars, a free Toyota 86 GT for everyone who installs the update and a change to car dealerships that will allow DLC Cars to show up in the Dealership menu.
Here is a partial list of all the changes this update brings.
Major Changes and New Features
- Wheels can now be changed on Standard cars.
- Downloadable contents can now be shared by multiple users with the Family Upgrade.
- (See Polyphony’s complete FAQ for more details.)
- Cars purchased through DLC will now appear in the Car Dealerships. You can purchase additional versions of the same vehicles within the game using earned race credits.
- A copy button has been added to the lower left of the settings screen. A settings sheet saved in either A/B/C can now be copied to A, B or C.
- Toyota 86 GT ’12 will be available to all players who install the 2.02 update.
- Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or restore chassis rigidity in GT Auto. 10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update.
- The Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL. and five New Car Refresh cards will be provided to customers purchasing any DLC packs released in October 2011. The New Car Refresh can be used from the Special Coupons option in the items list, and will return your car to its brand new condition (before breaking-in the car’s engine). Equipped parts and current paint on the car will not be affected by this card.