It was a bit of a crazy day today, what with the curtain finally pulled back on the Xbox One (Chandler wants everyone to use the X-Bone shorthand) and a Twitter account for the Call of Duty dog killing it after just a few hours of existing.
You can check out all the news from earlier today by following this link, but here on The Catch-Up, you’ll see the stuff we didn’t have time for.
- If you missed it in our PlayStation Store Global Update, Ratchet: Deadlocked HD is now available on the North American PSN. Anyone who previously purchased the PS3 version of Full Frontal Assault can now go to the disc benefits section and get your free copy of the game, as well as the free Vita version of Full Frontal Assault. No date was given for the European release of Ratchet: Gladiator HD, so stay tuned.
- When Class of Heroes 2 comes to the PSN on June 4th, it will be $24.99 and is PSP and PS Vita compatible.
- Ubisoft has six next-gen titles headed to the Xbox One during the console’s first calendar year, including Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Watch Dogs, as well as “a mix of new episodes of existing franchises, new IPs and digital titles.” Unless those titles are Kinect only, expect the PS4 to get them all, with more details about their next-gen plans coming at E3 during their press conference on June 10th.
- During the Xbox reveal, there was raucous clapping happening throughout the event, with press attendees noting that “journalists are not clapping and whooping here” and “applause is coming from the back of the room, for those of you that asked. Pretty sure that’s where all the MS employees are.”
- Rami Ismail of Vlambeer revealed that “it’ll probably be a month or two” before we see Luftrausers on PS3 and PS Vita, “depending on how quickly we can finish it and how long it’ll take for the game to go through certification.” Rami then said Luftrausers has been in development “for a year now.”
- Best Buy USA is holding a sale on PSN cards – $10 for $9.50, $20 for $18.50, and $50 for $45. Not a tremendously great deal, but you still save a few bucks.
- Ending the general news section on a classy note, the Shadow Warrior Twitter announced that we can expect “health pick-ups, no weapon limit, ridiculous one liners, unlimited shurikens, and more Wang than you can handle.”
Metro: Last Light DLC and Burn News
- The Metro: Last Light Season Pass is now on the PlayStation Store (discounted for PlayStation Plus members), and we can expect details about all the future DLC tomorrow. What we do know so far is that it is brand new single player content “being created after Last Light’s completion.”
- In burn news, the Metro Twitter said, “we welcome the new consoles to join the “generation” we’re already in on PC with Metro: Last Light.” Now put on sunglasses and cue the CSI: Miami opening sequence.
News That Might End up not Being News
- Ed Boon, who is known for having a little fun on his Twitter account, sent out that “my Spider sense is picking up on an MK related announcement tomorrow… wait, I’m DC, I don’t have Spider sense. Musta been a false alarm?” With Injustice still getting a lot of attention, does this point towards a Mortal Kombat DLC character (who isn’t Scorpion) for the game? If it does, we’ll definitely let you know.
- Elsewhere, the Need for Speed Facebook page sent out this picture, possibly hinting at the next Need for Speed title being Hot Pursuit:
If you have time to watch the whole video, you’ll see a great explanation as to why the new Xbox is called the Xbox One. If you don’t have enough time, just skip to 1:45 or 2:45 and watch it escalate:
What did you think of the Xbox One explanation? Did it make sense? Are you going to buy any PSN cards thanks to the sale? Let us know in the comments below.