After making $800 million in 24 hours, today’s news shouldn’t come as much as a surprise, but it’s still monumental. Grand Theft Auto V has made a billion dollars in three days (that’s revenue, not profit), easily passing Call of Duty: Black Ops II‘s 15 days and The Avengers‘ 19 days.
Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two, said in a statement:
Grand Theft Auto is a cultural phenomenon and Rockstar Games continues to redefine what can be achieved in interactive entertainment. We are incredibly proud of the extraordinary critical and commercial response to Grand Theft Auto V.
What should Rockstar do with all their money? Build an even bigger game, buy servers so their online actually works, or spend it on one giant party?
Grand Theft Auto V hub:
- Grand Theft Auto V Review
- Grand Theft Auto V Cheats For PS3 – Spawn Planes, Helicopters, Cars, Boosts and More
- Grand Theft Auto V’s Digital Game Manual out Today, iFruit App Coming to PS Vita, PS Mobile, Android Soon
- Always Online Requirement for GTAV Snapmatic Photos Causes Problems After Rockstar Game Services Bugs
- GTAV Special Edition Map Includes Secret Messages Under UV Light
- Grand Theft Auto V Radio Station Soundtrack – Full List of Musicians, DJs, Hosts and More, Broken Down by Stations