As always, Naughty Dog Community Strategist Eric Monacelli answered some fan questions, with the important information below:
- Repeating how Left Behind is due in early 2014, Eric said, “We’ll be revealing the date soon.” He then later added, “We’ll give the release date really soon!” and “we’ll be talking about it really soon!!!”
- If you’re still experiencing some issues with The Last of Us multiplayer, Eric revealed that “a patch is coming! We’ll have word on it once it’s ready.”
- The combat in Left Behind “will be familiar with some new touches and nuance to it.”
- You don’t have to worry as the DLC will have new music. “It’s equally incredible.”
- Not giving out a specific timeframe as it “varies from player to player,” Monacelli confirmed that Left Behind takes a “good chunk of time.”
And here’s another description for Left Behind via the PlayStation website:
Ellie returns as new light is shed on her relationship with Riley, her best friend from the military boarding school they both grew up in. After inexplicably disappearing for weeks, Riley reemerges in Ellie’s life with a surprising revelation. The two sneak out of their school for the last time, leading to a series of events that will forever change both of their lives.
Naughty Dog continues to explore the themes of survival, loyalty, and love in their first ever single player DLC with The Last of Us: Left Behind.
When do you hope we see Left Behind? Let us know in the comments below.