With the PlayStation 4 version launching last week, Sony has confirmed that MLB 14: The Show is the fastest-selling entry in franchise history. Surpassing previous records for most pre-orders, most day 1 sales, and most week 1 sales, the PS4 version of MLB 14: The Show has helped to boost week 1 sales by nearly 40%, when compared to last year.
Sony also revealed some very interesting stats about MLB 14: The Show since the game launched on PS4:
- The Baltimore Orioles are the most popular team.
- Yankee Stadium is the most popular ballpark to play on.
- Nearly 10 million games have been played so far.
- Over 200,000 Road to the Show careers have been started.
- There have been more than 5 million hits, 780,000 home runs, and 500,000 stolen bases
- The longest home run is 553 feet.
- In the first week, there have been more than 7 million strikeouts, 330,000 complete games, and 100,000 shutouts
Did you buy MLB 14: The Show on PS4? What do you think of it? Let everyone know in the comments below.