Bungie has given the all clear:
The Destiny update is now complete! Game on.
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) October 7, 2014
Just after 7am PT today, October 7, Bungie updated their website to say:
Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today (October 7). Players will be returned to Orbit from their activities and then be required to log in to Destiny again after installing the patch.
Things are going to be a little different with the next Destiny hot fix, as it will be accompanied by maintenance that sees the game becoming unplayable for “several hours” once the update is released at approximately 7am PT/10am ET on Tuesday, October 7.
As a result of the hot fix and downtime, the player experience will remain largely unchanged, but there will be added stability and more:
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
Will you be impacted by the downtime tomorrow?