The updates are now live in Europe.
It looks like you’ll have to wait until next week for the update on PlayStation, with 4J Studios saying, “No news yet on the update for PlayStation platforms. We hope to have news early next week.”
On Xbox One and Xbox 360 today, Minecraft received Content Update 7/Title Update 19, which adds horses, a new tutorial, colored clays, new mobs, beacons, and fireworks.
According to 4J Studios, this new Minecraft update will be coming out soon for Minecraft PS4 Edition, Minecraft: PS3 Edition, and Minecraft: PS Vita Edition. The reason for the delay is that “Sony Europe, Sony America, and Sony Japan have not completed their testing of the update yet.”
While the update notes are likely to be different on PlayStation, these patch notes from the Xbox One version should give you an idea of what’s coming in the update:
Changes & Additions
Added New Items
- Hardened Clay
- Stained Clay
- Block of Coal
- Hay Bale
- Activator Rail
- Block of Redstone
- Daylight Sensor
- Minecart with Hopper
- Minecart with TNT
- Redstone Comparator
- Weighted Pressure Plate
- Trapped Chest
- Firework Rocket
- Firework Star
- Nether Star
- Horse Armor
- Name Tag
- Horse Spawn Egg
Added New Mobs
- Wither Skeletons
- Added new terrain generation features – Witch Huts.
- Replaced the Tutorial World with a new world containing some new mini-tutorials for the new functionality.
- Added Beacon interface.
- Added Horse interface.
- Added Hopper interface.
- Added Fireworks – Fireworks interface is accessible from the Crafting Table when you have the ingredients to craft a Firework Star or Firework Rocket.
- Added ‘Adventure Mode’ – You can only break blocks with the correct tools.
- Added lots of new sounds.
- Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
- Repeaters can now be locked by powering their sides with another Repeater.
- Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
- New death messages.
- Name mobs with a Name Tag, and rename containers to change the title when the menu is open.
- Bonemeal no longer instantly grows everything to full size, and instead randomly grows in stages.
- A Redstone signal describing the contents of Chests, Brewing Stands, Dispensers and Jukeboxes can be detected by placing a Redstone Comparator directly against them.
- Dispensers can face in any direction.
- Eating a Golden Apple gives the player extra “absorption” health for a short period.
- The longer you remain in an area the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be.
- New Game and Host options (Daylight Cycle, Keep Inventory, Mob options, Tile drop and a Regeneration option)
- Language Selector added, and Greek language option added.
A surprise was also discovered in the new update on Xbox:
When 4J Studios gives out more details regarding the update on PlayStation, we’ll let you know.