Released on PlayStation 4 at the tail end of 2014, free-to-play shooter Loadout received the Phase Zero update this week, bringing a new character, improvements to the AI, extensive weapon balancing, improved stability, and much more.
You can get a full rundown of all the changes in Phase Zero over here, with the highlights placed below:
- New Playable Character — Disco Kroad Tony.
- Significant AI improvements.
- Buy weapon parts directly with Blutes in weaponcrafting.
- Extensive weapon balance tuning.
- Analog running (player will run after holding the left stick forward after 1.5 seconds).
- Performance enhancements to aiming and the camera.
- Mission and PVP game type difficulty tuning.
- Economy changes and improvements.
- Balanced fusion requirements and added brief tutorial (fusion is your friend in building the most elite weapons possible).
- Additional outfitter parts for T-Bone and Axl.
- Campaign is now called “Proving Grounds” — a great place to level up and acquire blutes and spacebux.
- Arena is now “The Arena.” There is some significance here. Please let us know when you find it.
- Persistent lobbies in The Arena (lobbies now roll-over rather than end after a match so you can hang with your friends longer and keep playing together).
- Players are now able to late join in PvP.
- Improved stability and numerous bug fixes.
In the next update for Loadout, titled Phase One, Edge of Reality is planning to add 60fps, new maps, a new player rating system, more social features, new weapon tuning, Gear Score, Player killcards, and more. As of right now, there’s no release date for Phase One.
Have you tried Loadout yet?
[Source: PS Blog]