Despite a 69% drop from last week, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was able to secure first place yet again, defeating newcomer Splatoon.
It was a strong debut for Splatoon though, as it became the 5th fastest-selling Wii U game of all time in the UK and managed to outsell ZombiU to become the biggest ever launch for a new Wii U IP.
The chart is fairly quiet elsewhere, with Grand Theft Auto V and FIFA 15 remaining in 3rd and 4th, respectively. Some sales also helped Far Cry 4 and LEGO Batman 3 move up the charts, with Far Cry 4 rising from 18th to 14th and LEGO Batman 3 going from 24th to 19th.
Here’s the top 20 selling retail games in the UK for the week ending May 30, 2015, according to GfK Chart-track:
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (down 69%)
- Grand Theft Auto V (up 8%)
- FIFA 15 (up 51%)
- Farming Simulator 15 (down 41%)
- Battlefield Hardline (up 43%)
- Project CARS (down 22%)
- Destiny (up 25%)
- Mortal Kombat X (down 8%)
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition (up 33%)
- Dying Light
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
- Minecraft: PlayStation Edition
- Far Cry 4 (up 69%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- WWE 2K15
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (up 51%)
- Skylanders Trap Team
With a relatively slow week at retail, do you think The Witcher 3 can hold on at #1 for a third week in a row?