Update 2 (11:55am PT):
Our work is done. Destiny is back online and Fallen Patrols are in need of being dismantled. Thank you for your patience.
— Bungie (@Bungie) June 24, 2015
Bungie posted full details for update 188.8.131.52 today, which makes adjustments to the way Passage Coins are distributed in Trials of Osiris and how weapons behave when going from the demo to the full game:
- Adjusted the 402 Attack Rating for weapons acquired in the Destiny Demo down to the proper value of 365
Trials of Osiris
- Removed Passage Coins from the Lighthouse reward chest
- Added a chance for Passage Coins to be awarded after match losses
On Twitter today, the Bungie Help account revealed that “we’ll be taking Destiny offline starting at 10AM PDT [1pm ET] today for planned maintenance. We anticipate 1 hour of downtime.”
While the lengthy maintenance and downtime this past Monday was for behind the scenes updates, Bungie’s Help section on their website reveals that a new game update is going live after today’s maintenance:
Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today. Players will be returned to the title screen from their activities and then be required to log in to Destiny again after installing the patch.
When Bungie posts full patch notes for the update, we’ll update this post.
Meanwhile, following their defense of The Taken King expansion price, Bungie said they’d be revealing “something better” than the perks included in the collector’s edition for Year One players. Full details on that are expected tomorrow in their Weekly Update.
- Top 5 Sleeper Games of E3 2015
- E3 2015 – Destiny: The Taken King Hands-On Preview: Oryx’s Revenge
- Former PlanetSide 2 Creative Director Calls Out Destiny The Taken King Price, Cites PS2 as a “Real” MMOFPS
Destiny Update Goes Live Today, Game Going Offline for Maintenance