From The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild, creators of The Bridge, Tumblestone is described as a “complete reinvention of the Match-3 genre,” and will launch in summer 2016 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, mobile, and Ouya.
Featuring hand-drawn artwork, the developers say Tumblestone may look like other Match-3 puzzle games, “but it completely reinvents the genre into a deep and cerebral puzzle solving experience that you won’t forget.”
Here’s what to expect from Tumblestone:
- Competitive multiplayer – Tumblestone’s intense puzzle-solving action will turn playing “just a few more rounds” with friends into a late-night Tumblestone marathon.
- Local multiplayer – Up to four players on a single computer or console.
- Online multiplayer – Play online against your friends or make new ones using Tumblestone’s ranked matchmaking system.
- Bots – Have an open slot? Play against the computer. But can anyone withstand the punishing Nightmare bot?
- Story mode – The 30+ hour story campaign will test your puzzle-solving prowess. Featuring 10+ gameplay modifiers, challenge puzzles, and boss battles.
- Arcade modes – Kick back and relax with the casual Marathon mode, scratch an intellectual itch with the Infinipuzzle mode, or get your blood pumping with the fast-paced Heartbeat mode.
- Leaderboards – Online leaderboards let your friends know you’re better than them.
- Challenges – Hundreds of unique challenges to complete.
- Stats – Rank up, then compare how you stack up against your friends.
- Personalization – Choose from a dozen unique characters and environments.
What do you think of Tumblestone?