Marking the arrival of the largest expansion to date, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited update 1.09 is now available on PlayStation 4, taking up roughly 9GB.
Available automatically to those who have an active ESO Plus membership, or available to purchase for 3,000 crowns via the in-game Crown Store, Orsinium allows you to visit the home of the Orcs located deep within the mountains of Wrothgar. In the new expansion you’ll find over 20 hours of story content and quests playable at any level, two new public dungeons, and the Maelstrom Arena, where you can receive special rewards and see where you stack on the new class-specific leaderboards.
As for the base-game patch also included in today’s update for all Elder Scrolls Online owners, you’ll find updates to the Champion and battle leveling systems, improvements to the grouping tool, controller support for PC, subtitles, shield dyeing, and new crafting motifs, along with improvements to the Imperial City and its dungeons, overall combat and gameplay, itemization, UI, and more.
The developers add, “Due to many of the changes and new features, we will be resetting all leaderboards with this update.”
Here’s a look at the big changes made with The Elder Scrolls Online update today on PS4:
DLC Game Pack – New Features/Updates/Big Changes
Answer King Kurog’s call and help rebuild the city of Orsinium! In Wrothgar – the mountainous, ancestral home of the Orcs – you’ll find a nation divided as clan chiefs, Reach marauders, and religious cults all conspire to destroy Kurog’s dream of a united Orc kingdom before it can be fully realized.
- To start your adventures in Wrothgar, go to the starting city of your alliance – Daggerfall, Davon’s Watch, or Vulkhel Guard. In the city, you will be approached by an Orc messenger who will deliver a letter from Forge-Mother Alga. Finish speaking to the Orc messenger to begin the “Invitation to Wrothgar” quest.
- Seek out Ambassador Lazgara in Daggerfall, Davon’s Watch, or Vulkhel Guard. Talk to her to progress the Wrothgar questline and travel to the Merchant’s Gate in Wrothgar.
- You can also enter Wrothgar through the gates in the neighboring territories of Stormhaven and Bangkorai, or using the Wayshrine network to fast travel to Orsinium.
Journey into the churning void of Oblivion to do battle in the legendary Maelstrom Arena! Designed by the eccentric Demiprince Fa-Nuit-Hen, this bizarre Daedric crucible will push even the most powerful adventurers to their limits. It is a contest without allies and without mercy. In the Maelstrom, only the strong survive.
- Maelstrom Arena is a single-player progressive challenge located in the northeastern mountains of Wrothgar.
- There are new item sets available specifically to Maelstrom Arena that you can receive in both the normal and Veteran versions: We also offer unique weapon and jewelry sets in Veteran Maelstrom Arena, similar to Dragonstar Arena.
- There are four Sigils that will aid you with your battles in the arena. To use a Sigil, simply walk near it and the Synergy prompt will appear. Press your Synergy key, and the Sigil will be activated. Sigils will re-spawn between each round within an arena, so liberal use is encouraged. These Sigils include: Sigil of Haste: Grants increased resource regeneration and the Major Expedition buff; Sigil of Healing: Grants you a powerful heal over time; Sigil of Defense: Grants damage reduction to all attacks, and reflects physical and spell ranged attacks; Sigil of Power: Grants increased weapon and spell power.
- When you reach Veteran Rank 16, you will qualify for the Veteran Maelstrom Arena leaderboards. There are leaderboards for every class, and at the end of each week the top 100 players of each class will be granted special rewards via in-game mail.
- Points for the Maelstrom Arena leaderboards are earned in multiple ways: You will be granted points every time you complete an arena; The Sigils that appear in each arena can bestow special powers, but each round that you survive without using a Sigil will grant you bonus points; If you complete Maelstrom Arena within 1 hour and 30 minutes, you will be granted additional points. Faster times net increased point gains.
New Item Sets
There are new item sets available from a variety of sources!
- Three new crafted item sets, available at exotic locales throughout Wrothgar.
- Six new sets available in the Maelstrom Arena.
- Three new sets available from daily quests focused on delves and world bosses in Wrothgar.
New Public Dungeons
We’re introducing two new public dungeons in the zone of Wrothgar.
- Unearth the secrets of Rkindaleft, a Dwarven ruin trapped within a glacier, that has long been the subject of whispered rumors and tales told to frighten Orc children.
- Plunge into the crumbling, abandoned depths of Old Orsinium, the ancient first location of the Orc capital, destroyed in the First Era. Pass through the three legendary gates – Smelter, Hammer, and Temper – descend into the Caves of Dark Abundance, and locate the sacred fire of Malacath that burns deep inside the Temple of Grudgement.
Crafting Node Scaling
- Raw materials in Wrothgar will look like (and drop) materials based on the peak of your aptitude in the craft they are associated with. This applies to Woodworking, Clothing, Enchanting, and Alchemy Water in Wrothgar.
- For example, if you have Metalworking 9 and Woodworking 1, you will encounter Voidstone Ore and Maple Wood in the wild since your Metalworking level is high, but Woodworking is of a lower level.
- If your tradeskill mastery is sufficient to work in Rubedite, Ruby Ash Wood, or Ancestor Silk, you will have a chance at encountering them in the world.
- Hide that is normally provided by an animal will scale to the Tailoring rank of the player character looting the animal. This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level.
- Player characters in a group with differing ranks in Tailoring will all get different levels of hide.
Ancient Ore Crafting Motif
- The pages of the Ancient Orc Crafting Motif are split between the enemies in Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft, with each Public Dungeon having the chapters that the other does not. Defeating these foes will rarely grant a chapter of the Motif – or, if one proves exceptionally lucky, the entire Motif book.
- Cassiterite Sand, the Raw Style Item needed to craft in the Ancient Orc Style, can be found in resource nodes all throughout Orsinium. The greater your knowledge of the Ancient Orc Style, the more likely you are to find Cassiterite Sand: Your knowledge of Metalworking, Tailoring, and Woodworking do not alter your chances.
- Once you have ten units of Cassiterite Sand, you can refine them at any equipment-crafting bench into Cassiterite, used to make Ancient Orc items. This refining process does not bind the Cassiterite to your account.
We have added new collectibles that you can permanently add to your collection:
- Regalia of the Orsimer King: Acquired by completing the main quest line in Wrothgar.
- Maelstrom Baron Polymorph: Acquired by completing Maelstrom Arena on Veteran Mode.
- Vosh Rakh Ceremonial Mask: Acquired by successfully uncovering the Vosh Rakh plot.
- Cavalier of the Sworn Oath, Trinimac’s Penitent Knight, and Old Orsinium Sentry: Acquired by filling the House of Orsimer Glories with historic relics.
New Provisioner Recipes
- Dine in style with many new Provisioner recipes, four of which revive the true spirit of Orcish cooking as revealed through a series of quests.
- We have added a number of new achievements to the game, all tied to Wrothgar. These can be found under the new Orsinium subcategory within the DLC category.
Base Game Patch – New Features/Updates/Big Changes
Champion System Updates
We have reduced the XP required to earn Champion Points for those with smaller amounts in order to create a fairer gameplay experience. We are also capping the total number of Champion Points that can be spent.
At this time, you will not be able to allocate more than 501 Champion Points.
- Anyone that has over 501 Champion Points when the Orsinium DLC game pack is published will have all their Champion Points reset, and will only be able to allocate 501 Champion Points.
- You will not lose any points over 501, you just won’t be able to spend them.
- You can continue to earn Champion Points over the cap, but won’t be able to spend them until the next time the cap is raised.
The amount of XP required to gain a Champion Point now scales with the number of total Champion Points you have.
- If you don’t have any Champion Points, you will earn them very quickly.
- If you have a lot of Champion Points, you will earn them slower.
Grouping Tool Improvements
We have performed a significant mechanical overhaul of the Grouping Tool. It will now find groups more rapidly and reliably when looking for any available group. Below are the first steps on the road to making the Grouping Tool an adventurer’s best friend – look for additional improvements in a future update.
- Groups formed for dungeons will always be teleported directly to the dungeon once formed, and will always be scaled to a level ceiling: After a group is formed, you can either teleport immediately, or wait up to 30 seconds before you are sent to the dungeon so you can complete your current activity.
- Dungeon groups formed through the Grouping Tool will receive a moderate buff to their stats while inside that dungeon.
- Loot will be contextualized to your level: While everyone will be scaled up to VR15, you will always get loot drops appropriate for your level. For example, if you are VR2, you will still get VR2 loot drops.
- Groups can now be formed across all three alliances. It is entirely possible for two Aldmeri characters to team up with an Ebonheart and Daggerfall duo through the Grouping Tool to complete a dungeon.
- In order to form a group for Cyrodiil or the Imperial City, you must queue from within that location.
- To help consolidate the tool, we’ve removed the ability to queue for individual quests. That said, we do still want to encourage you to work together to defeat difficult world bosses and quests!
- Groups may still be formed as normal. If any group formed normally within the game world enters a dungeon, it will follow normal dungeon rules. Groups formed via the Grouping Tool operate differently to ensure a rapid cadence of group formation: For example, if you walk into a dungeon with three VR16 player characters and the group leader is VR2, all monsters will be VR2.
Battle Leveling Updates
Instead of every battle leveled character having the exact same stats, you will now be able to mold a battle leveled character however you choose.
- Battle leveling now takes into account how you have allocated your attribute points.
- Items matter!
- Having stronger items means your battle leveled stats will be stronger. For example, equipping a purple level 34 sword will give more damage than a green level 34 sword.
- Running around naked in Cyrodiil is no longer advisable. Lower-level player characters will be given bonus stats to help make up for the lack of optimized gear, skills, and passive abilities. The bonus will scale to your level, so lower-level player characters will receive a larger bonus.
- Subtitles for your select language are now available! These will be off by default, but can be enabled by going to the Audio Settings, and selecting Subtitles.
- Dye stations now support the dyeing of shields so you can match your shield to your armor.
Akaviri Crafting Style
The secrets of the Akaviri crafting style have been uncovered by scholars on the front lines of the Alliance War!
- Siege merchants in Cyrodiil will sell chapters of the Akaviri Style for large amounts of Alliance Points.
- To learn an Akaviri style chapter, you must have at least Rank 9 in at least one of the Metalworking, Tailoring, or Woodworking passives.
- The merchants will also sell the raw style material needed to craft Akaviri items, Ancient Scale, for a modicum of Alliance Points.
- You must refine ten Ancient Scales together into one Goldscale in order to use it in crafting Akaviri arms and armor.
- Once refined together into a Goldscale, the item is immediately bound to your account. If you wish to trade them, you must do so in their unrefined form!
The mysteries of the Mercenary Motif have been unearthed by the Undaunted!
The Mercenary Motif is a brand new crafting style, available only through Undaunted activities.
- To earn the Chapters of the Mercenary style, you must complete Undaunted Pledges and open their reward chests.
- Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests all have a good chance to grant a Chapter of the Mercenary style, with Silver having a better chance than Bronze, and Gold having a better chance than Silver.
- All three chests have a small chance to drop the full Book of the style, as well.
- The Style Item for Mercenary, Laurel, is found by killing the final boss of Normal and Veteran dungeons, with Veteran dungeons’ final bosses having a better chance than Normal final bosses: This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one; Laurels are Bind on Pickup – they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.
You can check out the long list of all patch notes by following the link below.
[Source: The Elder Scrolls Online]