With the future of the franchise in question after the release of Trine 3 on PC, Frozenbyte CEO Lauri Hyvärinen said today, “We’re happy to confirm the PS4 version of Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power. It’s been a rollercoaster of a year but closing it with the PS4 release gives me great satisfaction.”
A 3D platforming game set in a fantasy world, Trine 3 on PS4 includes the recently released The Quest for Cake level, Stereoscopic 3D support, local co-op, and full 1080p/60fps.
Here’s the full description:
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is a 3D platforming game set in a beautiful fantasy world of vivid colors, and is also a mixture of puzzles, adventure and action. You’re playing with three distinct characters, a Wizard specialised in conjuring boxes and levitation, a stout-hearted Knight with powerful fighting abilities, and an elusive Thief, great at fighting from afar with her bow and at overcoming obstacles with her grappling hook. Each character will help you in different ways on your puzzle- and action-packed journey.
The story starts off with the Heroes growing tired of their duties. They try to return their extraordinary gifts to the Artifact called Trine, and so they meddle with powers beyond their understanding: Trine shatters and a heartless ancient sorcerer escapes. With only a broken artifact to guide them, the heroes must try and repair the damage they’ve caused… or the damage that might yet be done.
- A beautiful 3D fantasy world with 7 story-driven Chapters and 11 puzzle-solving, skill-focused Lost Pages
- Three playable characters, Pontius the Knight, Zoya the Thief and Amadeus the Wizard, each with their own skills and unique abilities
- Share a couch! Local co-op multiplayer support for up to three players
- Full HD 1080p with 60 FPS
- Support for Stereoscopic 3D (720p)
- Mesmerizing soundtrack by award-winning composer Ari Pulkkinen
- Full Language Support for English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Brazilian-Portuguese, and subtitle support for Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Simplified Chinese and Finnish.
Frozenbyte’s Kai Tuovinen revealed that it could release as early as next week (pricing TBA), and the game will include a Platinum Trophy. Additionally, Tuovinen said, “It’s a bit different from both the previous Trine games because of the 3D gameplay.”
Will you be getting Trine 3 later this month?
[Source: PS Blog]