Picking up right where it left off in 2015, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 finished in first place to kick off 2016.
While there were a few movers on the chart (FIFA 16 went from 4th to 2nd), the biggest story is Battlefield 4. Thanks to price promotions on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, it re-entered the top 10, with 97% of sales last week coming from last-gen consoles.
Additionally, GfK Chart-Track notes that Grand Theft Auto V, which placed in 4th, sold 16,360 copies.
Here’s the 20 best-selling retail games in the UK for the week ending January 9, 2016, according to GfK Chart-Track:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (down 68%)
- FIFA 16 (down 55%)
- Star Wars Battlefront (down 66%)
- Grand Theft Auto V (down 59%; sold 16,360)
- Fallout 4 (down 75%)
- Rainbow Six Siege (down 58%)
- WWE 2K16 (down 53%)
- Just Cause 3 (down 66%)
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (down 68%)
- Battlefield 4 (down 27%)
- Minecraft: Story Mode
- LEGO Jurassic World
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- Football Manager 2016
- Minecraft: PlayStation Edition
- Forza Motorsport 6
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
- Halo 5: Guardians
Since this is a week of digital releases, don’t be surprised if Black Ops 3 is #1 again.