Campo Santo’s Next Game Won’t Be a Firewatch Sequel, “This Story Is Done”
With Firewatch less than a week away from launch on February 9 for PlayStation 4 and PC, Campo Santo Co-Founder Sean Vanaman revealed that their next game won’t be a sequel.
Speaking with Red Bull, Vanaman admitted that the developer isn’t in a rush to create something brand new, but whatever they do next it won’t be another Firewatch:
I’m always kind of ready to start working on another game, but I think we’ll start chipping away at that when the time is right. It won’t be a sequel to Firewatch, this story is done. But I’m very excited to see what we come up with next.
As for the relationship between Sony and Campo Santo, he said, “We really do feel like they care about the game being great,” and “from the very beginning they told us, ‘here’s what we can do, and here’s what we can’t do,’ and they’ve been true to their word. It’s been a great professional relationship.” Part of what Sony has done so far includes unveiling Firewatch during E3 2015.
If you’re looking to play Firewatch on another platform, Vanaman said they’ll see how the game does at launch, “and if there’s a desire for it on other platforms then we’ll explore that.”
A first-person adventure game, Firewatch will cost $19.99, with PlayStation Plus members saving 10% at launch.
For those looking to stay in the dark about the game, Campo Santo said, “With review codes and a few small demos going out, if you’re worried about Firewatch spoilers, be careful out there this weekend!” The review embargo then lifts on Monday morning Pacific time.