On May 31, Deep Silver is bringing the Dead Island Definitive Collection to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, bundling together “completely remastered” versions of Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide, and adding the Dead Island Retro Revenge mini game.
The Definitive Collection is priced at $39.99 and will be available through retail and digital stores. If you don’t want the full collection, digital versions of Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide are also coming out on May 31 for PS4 and Xbox One, priced at $19.99 each.
Running at 1080p/30fps, complete with all released DLC and patches, here’s what you can expect from the remastered versions of Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide:
Higher Quality Textures
- Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
Photorealistic new lighting system
- The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look to the beautiful sunny tropical setting
Physically based shading
- The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing
- The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly jaggies meaning a much cleaner look throughout
Improved-quality game models and geometry assets
- All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
HBAO and motion blur effects
- The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world. Through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience
Updated game UI
- Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience
The Current-gen Console Experience
- The Dead Island Definitive Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
Power Fists Power-up
- And last but not least, the fan favorite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up, ever
As for Dead Island Retro Revenge, it’s a side-scrolling endless runner action game with melee-based combat, leaderboards, power-ups, super attacks, achievements, and “plenty of depth.”
If you’re wondering about Dead Island 2, it appears to still be in limbo following the departure of developer Yager.
[Source: Dead Island]