If you’ve been playing MLB The Show 16 since its launch on March 29, you’re probably aware of the server issues that have plagued the game. Sony San Deigo has now apologized for the frustrations that players experienced, offering some free items to those who played the game while connected to the PlayStation Network prior to Friday, April 8, 1PM PDT. Here’s the developer’s apology along with info on how to redeem the free items:
We apologize that the excitement of launch and the start of the season has been soured by these issues. Our team is taking every step necessary and working around the clock to stabilize our online servers as soon as possible.
In acknowledgment of the frustration these issues have caused, if you’ve played The Show 16 while connected to PlayStation Network before 1 pm PDT, Friday, April 8, we’re adding 5,000 stubs and 10 standard packs to your account. Stubs will show up automatically by Tuesday, April 12; no redemption required. Packs can be accessed in the “Open Packs” section by Tuesday, April 12 (via “Main Menu > My Locker > Inventory > Open Packs”).
To those of you who’ve reached out to us during this week, and to the many more who we haven’t heard from but who may have been affected, we extend our endless thanks and appreciation for your patience and ongoing support.
In addition to this, Sony San Diego also rolled out patch 1.02 with the following notes:
- Online gameplay softlock addressed: the game will no longer get into a pickoff state when a pitch is in flight or when a ball is in play.
- Extensive work has been done to address the “Challenge failed” issue on PS4.
- Fixed an issue where the game would soft lock (freeze) while a user on offense calls a timeout, as a user on defense attempts to pick off a runner on 1st.
- Fixed an issue where the game would soft lock (freeze) when attempting to access Pitcher Attributes during an at bat with the score bar display option turned off.
- Accounts in PS EU territories should now be able to purchase Stubs within game.
Have our readers experienced any issues with MLB The Show 16?