Releasing on Wednesday, May 11, Rainbow Six Siege update 3.0 includes the Operation Dust Line content, which adds two new operators, a new map, gameplay improvements, bug fixes, and more.
Season Pass owners receive instant access to the two new US Navy SEAL Operators, while non-Season Pass can unlock them with earned Renown or paid R6 Credits beginning on May 18.
Here’s details on the two operators and Border map:
In Operation Dust Line, two US Navy SEAL operators have been called to assist Team Rainbow to secure the Border, the new free map introducing a mix of old and new construction with open air pathways – making it the most destructible and open map to date:
- Valkyrie – Equipped with the “Black Eye” Gyro Cam Mk2, a quick deployment sticky camera that gives her team a new eye in the sky.
- Blackbeard – Brings the TARS Mk 0, Transparent Armored Rifle Shield with him to battle, increasing his mobile protection without diminishing his field of vision.
Operation Dust Line also includes new weapon skins (USA desert Camo, the Dust Line signature skin, the Navy SEAL skin, and more), new headgear (ranges from basic camo upgrades to high quality traditional military and fantasy gear), and new charms for weapons (six medal, unicorn, and more).
And here’s some of the gameplay improvements coming to Rainbow Six Siege with the new update:
- Loadout Customization between rounds – Players can now customize their Operator’s loadout between each round, by simply selecting an operator and going to their loadout to select weapon, attachments, charms and headgear. This will allow for additional tactical choices between rounds.
- Operator reworks – I.Q.’s unique gadget now has enhanced visual feedback, Montagne’s shield now adds side protection & Tachanka’s LMG is now easier to place and use. Additional Operator, weapons and secondary gadget tweaks have been made.
- Introduction of gadget placement cancellation controls – By turning this feature ON in the Options menu, players can now cancel the placement of a gadget at any time. This feature will not only be more comfortable for the players (can be more reactive), but will also allow for another layer of gameplay and tactics (by playing mind games with their enemies).
- Winner Team Showcase – After the final round, the winning team’s operators will be displayed to both the winning and losing teams, and an MVP for the match will be crowned for the ultimate bragging rights.
You can follow the link below for even more update 3.0 details, including balancing, bug fixes, and improved anti-cheat rules.
[Source: Rainbow Six]