Following some server maintenance that takes place from 10am – 11am ET on Xbox One and 11am – 12pm ET on PlayStation 4, Ubisoft will deploy Rainbow Six Siege update 3.2 on both consoles.
Along with lots of bug fixes and the addition of shield charms, this update addresses the rappel clipping exploit and improves the character model positioning so that it no longer clips and passes through the deployable shield and barricade while prone.
Here’s the patch notes for update 3.2 (the version number will be different on PS4 and Xbox One):
- Shield charms are now available. Universal charms can now be used on shield-wielding Operators. This is applicable to universal charms that have already been bought!
General Tweaks and Improvements
Reworked Reloading with Shield Wielding Operators
- We’ve disabled auto-reload on Blackbeard’s primary weapon when his shield is equipped. This will make Blackbeard’s gadget act in a similar way to other shield operators and will allow the player to decide when to reload.
- We’ve fixed an issue where the pistol of a shield wielding operator will auto-reload after placing a gadget. This meant that the ballistic shield operator would be temporarily out of cover.
Positioning and Perspective Representation Improvements
More Accurate Gunfire Tracer Representation
- Bullet tracers (white smoke lines that indicates where the bullet travels when fired) are now sourced from the 1st person model resulting in more accurate tracer representation. Previously, they were sourced from the 3rd person models, resulting in misleading gunfire situations when spectating or watching a teammate.
Character Positioning Fix
- We’ve improved the character model positioning so that it no longer clips and passes through the deployable shield and barricade while prone. This will result in reducing incongruous positioning and giving unfair advantages to enemy players.
Rappel Clipping Exploit Fixes
- On various locations on several maps, we’ve made it so that characters can no longer clip inside a wall being able to shoot enemies while in rappel.
Main Bug Fixes
- FIXED – Players are experiencing a controller stuttering when slowly moving the RS button in a direction.
- FIXED – Sometimes, when the round starts some players won’t spawn and are met with an out of world view.
- FIXED – Broken animation when Jäger tries to pick up his gadget behind a glass window.
- FIXED – Character turns 180 degrees when picking up deployable gadgets from the other side of a window.
- FIXED – The Cluster Charge will not puncture a hole in Castle’s Reinforced Barricades.
- FIXED – Smoke’s remote gas grenade is invisible if thrown at the junction of a wall frame and a barricade.
- FIXED – The recoil pattern changes in size for some semi-automatic rifles when the Flash Hider attachment is equipped.
- FIXED – The recoil pattern preview of the Flash Hider with a Vertical Grip on the SR-25 changes differently from all the others.
- FIXED – The effect of the “Grip” for semi-auto rifles on the Recoil Pattern chart is misleading.
- FIXED – When in support mode, the LMG crosshair is not aligned correctly.
- FIXED – Deployable Shield hitbox is still present during the unequip transition.
- FIXED – First person camera remains stuck on drone cam or surveillance cams view if pressing the Down button on the D-Pad while attempting to pick up a gadget.
- FIXED – Scoreboard fails to appear when attempting to open it after all drones have been destroyed during the preparation phase as an attacker.
- FIXED – During death replay a player can see player icons floating around.
- FIXED – The “You are Detected” visual cue is applied to the Death Cam replay if the defender that killed the user is detected outside before the replay finishes playing.
- FIXED – The drone’s orientation on the Z axis is changed to match that of the Client that died while using it
- FIXED – Sometimes a Player cannot place a breach charge on a damaged window.
- FIXED – Targeting dot of Barbed Wire appears in Pulse’s Cardiac Sensor when switching to it while holding wire.
- FIXED – Breach Charges can’t be picked up after being placed on the floor or trap doors.
- FIXED – Welcome mat is still visible on a player’s feet after being revived.
- FIXED – In custom dedicated matches, the “Abandon match” button reads as “return to Main Menu” when choosing to Quit to Desktop.
- FIXED – IQ’s Electronics Detector can retain full functionality while the primary weapon is active.
- FIXED – If a player stops deploying a barricade at the last moment, he can deploy another one on top of it.
- FIXED – The character gets stuck if he is put in DBNO while trying to climb ladder.
- FIXED – The character can reload while disabling the defuser.
- FIXED – Some gadgets can be picked up from the other side of wooden barricades
- FIXED – Defenders are able to pick up a gadget while being destroyed by an attacker and will count to both team score.
- FIXED – Player appears as killer in kill log if he hits a DBNO player with a thrown gadget.
- FIXED – Frag Grenade reticle and feedback not shown when thrown back and cooked.
- FIXED – Dropping a defuser down prevents player from deploying Breach Charges.
- FIXED – Player’s headset icon is missing when opening the Party Panel in the Portal.
- FIXED – The icon of 556xi rifle is displayed when killing a user with the 552 Commando rifle.
- FIXED – [PVE] The marker for enemies that have been scanned with the drone will remain after the enemy died.
You can read about more of the miscellaneous fixes by following the link below.
Rainbow Six Siege Update 3.2 Today on PS4 & Xbox One Detailed