Developed by Deep Silver Volition (Saints Row), Agents of Mayhem is a brand new IP coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2017.
As IGN explains, Agents of Mayhem is a third-person single-player open-world action game with guns, gadgets, and abilities where you play as a squad of three agents. They’ll be showing off the first gameplay footage later this month.
Amazon posted the description for Agents of Mayhem, confirming that it’s a part of the Saints Row universe:
In a simultaneous global assault, LEGION has taken control of the nations of the world and the only force left to stop them is MAYHEM. Led by the mysterious and no-nonsense Persephone Brimstone, MAYHEM’s elite Super Agents are called to the city of Seoul, South Korea. Led by LEGION Minister Doctor Babylon and his diabolical lieutenants, a nefarious plot is set in motion to build a world-altering device that will grant unrivaled power to the supervillain organization. In order to stop LEGION and take back the world, the Agents of Mayhem will traverse a sprawling urban battlefield from the ground to the rooftops and team up as a super-agent collective to stop LEGION at any cost. Success is far from guaranteed and collateral damage will be substantial, but it’s all in a day’s work for the Agents. The Agents of MAYHEM (Multinational Agency for Hunting Evil Masterminds) fuse together technology, weaponry and gadgets to create an all-out arsenal of futuristic warfare-and have absolutely no qualms about putting it all to use against their enemies.
Featuring an original storyline, trademark over-the-top open-world gameplay, and the look-and-feel of a distinctive superhero cosmos, Agents of Mayhem is a true Volition game. This new IP is a part of the Saints Row universe, sharing certain story elements, symbolism, and design inspiration with the multi-million selling franchise. Building on the unique skill of the AAA studio to continuously surprise, endear, and engage players, Agents of Mayhem represents the culmination of over a decade of open world experience and creativity.
- Pick your squad of 3 highly skilled and iconic characters from a roster of 12 uniquely designed MAYHEM agents, brimming with personality
- Play as any of the 3 Super Agents you select to take into battle, and swap between them on the fly for greater gameplay depth
- The technologically advanced capital of South Korea with its Open World cityscape is your playground to take down LEGION
- Discover secret research centers concealed throughout Seoul, hidden enemy lairs beneath the glossy surface of the city, and nefarious plots to unravel
- Inspired by an assortment of past and present pop culture revolving around super heroes, comics and Saturday morning cartoons
What do you think of Agents of Mayhem?