Psyonix announced today that the Rocket League June Update, the biggest one yet, is releasing on June 20 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Along with all of the previously detailed content, the June Update also includes Neo Tokyo, a free map that was originally a part of the Rocket Labs Playlist as Underpass. As you can see in the trailer, it’s been “made even better with streamlined gameplay and highly-detailed environments!”
Here’s a look at what else is included in the June Update:
- The beginning of “Season 3” for Competitive Playlists, which resets all skill ratings and rewards last season’s players with exclusive Rocket Trails that reflect their highest achieved ranks
- New Quick-Chat customization options that expand player choices for fast, in-game communication
- New Post-Game celebrations that spotlight the winning team and allow them to jump, spin, and boost their car to show off their accomplishments
- “Pillars,” a new experimental Arena that separates the field into three lanes via two massive walls in the middle of the stadium
- Eight new Trophies and Achievements on all three platforms [details on June 13]
- A new, in-game “Showroom” that allows players to view and purchase all previously-released and future premium DLC [details on June 15]
An expanded Item drop system that adds…
- More than 20 “Rare” and “Very Rare” Item types for online, post-game drops
- An easy-to-use “Trade In” system that allows players to exchange multiple Items of one rarity type for an even rarer one.
- New “Painted” Items that offer different color variations on existing Garage favorites like Toppers and Wheels
- Special “Certified” Items that track specific in-game stats and increase in prestige the higher those stats go
Just like Aftershock and Marauder, two new cars – Esper and Masamune – will be included inside the Rocket League Collector’s Edition at launch on June 24 in Europe and July 5 in North America. Inspired by Neo Tokyo, Esper and Masamune will be available for standalone purchase worldwide on July 18 for $1.99 USD each.
[Source: Rocket League]