Update: Bungie Help says, “This maintenance is now complete. Thank you for your patience!”
Bungie has announced that they’ll be taking Destiny offline today, June 28, for roughly five hours of planned maintenance.
Beginning at 8am PT/11am ET, you’ll be unable to log into Destiny in preparation for the maintenance. Then, at 9am PT/12pm ET, the maintenance will begin and is expected to end around 2pm PT/5pm ET.
Here’s what Bungie says about the maintenance:
- Starting at 8:00 AM Pacific (3:00 PM UTC), players will not be able to log into Destiny in preparation for maintenance.
- At 9:00 AM Pacific (4:00 PM UTC), players will be removed from activities as Destiny servers will be taken offline for maintenance.
- Maintenance is expected to conclude before 2:00 PM Pacific (9:00 PM UTC).
- Bungie.net sign-in and Companion app services may be restricted during this time.
- Players signed in shortly before maintenance will receive prior notice via in-game messaging.
- Once maintenance is concluded, all services and Destiny login functionality will be restored.
Additionally, Bungie’s Help forum is saying a patch will be released today (likely a hot fix). “Players will be returned to the title screen from their activities and then be required to log in to Destiny again after installing the patch,” they add.
On Twitter, Bungie explained that Iron Banner will be available once the maintenance is complete.
Since only about 10% of all Destiny players are on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Bungie detailed some changes coming to last-gen consoles very soon, which includes limited access to upcoming updates and content.