A re-imagined version of Strike Vector for PC, Strike Vector EX is coming to PlayStation 4 on August 30 in North America and Europe, developer Ragequit Corporation announced today.
An aerial combat game with fast-paced, mech-style FPS dogfighting, Strike Vector EX includes a new story-driven single-player campaign with 15 missions, mini-games, and side-missions; an online multiplayer mode for up to 12 players on 15 maps; an offline Skirmish multiplayer mode; precision controls designed for the controller; and customizable ships. The PS4 version was built from the ground up and targets 1080p/60 frames-per-second.
Ragequit Co-Founder Paul Chadeisson said:
We know that many people will look at Strike Vector EX and immediately categorize it as a simple flight game. Well, they would be wrong. The instant stopping ability and versatile maneuvering abilities of each Vector makes this play more like a powerful first-person shooter than a traditional flying game, and that’s where the fun really resides.
Here’s the description for Strike Vector EX:
Strike Vector EX is a competitive first-person aerial-combat game that hosts dizzying dogfights with battle-heavy aircraft. Bursting with customizable mech-inspired ships, Strike Vector EX disrupts the air combat genre through a combination of precision mechanics, imaginative vehicle designs, and stunning, fast-paced multiplayer fights.
- Robust Multiplayer: Up to 12 players will vie in the ultimate fast-paced mech dogfight
- New Story Mode: Players will experience a unique story spread across 15 missions, packed with survival, attack, destroy, duel and other diverse gameplay styles against relentless AI
- Next Gen Graphics: Take your aerial dog fighting skills to the next generation of consoles on Unreal 4 Engine featuring gorgeous and diverse floating warscapes and wild mech-inspired aircrafts
- Customization: Enter the garage and load out the ships with up to 10,000 different weapon, special items, and armor combinations to find the perfect killing machine
- Tactical Gameplay: Perfect the art of high-speed attacks and mid-air VTOL tactics using the environment to skillfully defeat foes
- Generous Game Modes: Tired of smacking the competition around? Explore a vast set of gameplay modes including Elimination, Defense, Survival, Duel and many more ways to satisfy the competitive spirit
- Maps: Never grow tired of destroying friends in mid-air with 15 diverse and challenging multiplayer maps
If there aren’t enough players for a multiplayer match, the AI will auto-populate the servers until someone takes their place.
A price wasn’t given for Strike Vector EX.
IGN posted some gameplay earlier this year, but as Chadeisson notes, the visuals have been “improved quite a bit” since then: