In a new Titanfall 2 video today, developer Respawn has previewed the visual customization options, which allow you to create unique-looking Pilots and Titans. Skins can be earned in-game, while pre-ordering either version of Titanfall 2 will net you these extras:
- Three days early access to Angel City, the fan favorite map from the original Titanfall, arriving this December
- Nitro Warpaint for Scorch
- Firebrand Nose Art for Scorch
- GOLD| Beast Mode Callsign
- Excalibur Chrome Warpaint for all 6 Titans
- Thunderbird Nose Art for all 6 Titans
- Splinter Ocean Camo for all Titans, Pilots and Weapons
- Quantum Ocean Camo for all Titans, Pilots and Weapons
- Order before launch to also get all Pre-Order bonus contents
Respawn has also added this content to the Titanfall 2 Digital Deluxe Edition: Prime physical appearance upgrades for Ion and Scorch, which add new sound effects and offer up new executions. “None of these items impact the balance of the gameplay, they’re just a chance for you to show a little more flair on the Frontier,” Producer Drew McCoy clarified.
After Titanfall 2 launches on October 28 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Respawn will release further cosmetic items as paid DLC. “These items will be available for purchase, but as always, gameplay is first here at Respawn and they will in no way impact the gameplay,” McCoy added.
As previously announced, all of Titanfall 2’s post-launch maps will be free, because Respawn wanted to build a community that could always play together. The first post-launch map is Angel City, and McCoy that it will be fully remastered:
Fully remastered, Angel City is a map that is near and dear to many of us here at Respawn, and has proven to be a fan favorite since players first got their hands on it in the original Titanfall. We can’t wait to see how the community uses all the exciting new Pilot and Titan gameplay mechanics we’re bringing to Titanfall 2 on Angel City.
Expect more details on Titanfall 2’s post-launch DLC, from new maps and modes to customization options, in the coming months.