Team17 has announced The Escapists 2 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam. You can check out a reveal trailer above. The game is set to release in 2017 with the following features:
• Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes!
• New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
• New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
• New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
• New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style.
• More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level including the option to play as a male or female escapist! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours…
• More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated.
We’ll update our readers when a release date is announced.