Released yesterday on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, the latest Mafia III update added car customization, car races (six circuit lap races and six point-to-point races) so you can unlock those customizations and the Griffin Marauder car, new outfits, and more.
Here’s an overview of what developer Hangar 13 added with the new patch, which is a reported 2.9GB to 4.5GB download, depending on your platform:
- First step to your very own custom, cherry-ed out rides: Get over to one of the nine Big Rick’s Garage locations around New Bordeaux. From there, start selecting what kind of Decals, Exhausts, Spoilers, Superchargers and Wheels you want on your car. With this content patch, you’ll have over 50 unique customizations for your fleet.
- What you’re able to install, though, is all up to what you unlock in Car Races.
- Whether you’re taking tight turns in a sports car or blazing through oncoming traffic in an exotic model, there are 12 races for you to win throughout New Bordeaux – six circuit lap races and six point-to-point races.
- The races become available after the first sit-down with all three lieutenants. Whenever you’re cruising around the open world (and not getting chased by the cops), look for the race markers on the map and drive on over in your favorite sports or exotic car.
- Place in the top spots to win, unlock customizations… and get the pink slip to a 10th car (Griffin Marauder) you can add to your permanent fleet!
- Cars aren’t the only ones getting a new look with this update, we’ve also rolled in three more outfits for Lincoln to rock as he makes his way through New Bordeaux.
- Two of the new looks available are “Bad, Bad Mr. Burke” (complete with ‘stache and flat cap) and “On the Prowl.”
Channel Your Inner Mafioso
- If you link Mafia III with your My2K account, you can also score Lincoln a sweet three-piece suit Outfit (The “Classico”) and a custom revolver (“Il Duca”)!
- My2k Sign Up is now available in-game and online – so link it up, now! Already linked? You should be able to find the Classico in your wardrobe and the arms dealer will be stocked with Il Duca right away.
In 2017, Hangar 13 will continue fixing issues in Mafia III, while also adding more customization and the ability to further enhance the performance of the cars in your fleet. Next year should also see the release of the planned story expansions.
If you haven’t grabbed it yet, there’s a free weapon pack available through the PlayStation Store.
Latest Mafia III Update Brought Car Customization & Races