Marvel Heroes Omega for PS4 Enters Open Beta on May 23
The PlayStation 4 version of free-to-play online action-RPG Marvel Heroes Omega will enter Open Beta on May 23, developer Gazillion has announced. The Closed Beta will end on May 18 at 8am PT/11am ET with a progression wipe, and anyone who bought a Founder’s Pack or Gs during the Closed Beta will receive a Head Start to Marvel Heroes Omega on May 19 at 8am PT/11am ET.
Regarding the progression wipe, Gazillion said, “The Progression Wipe for the Closed Beta will occur on May 18th, 2017. Player progress will be reset along with any Eternity Splinter purchases, but any Gs purchased will be returned once Marvel Heroes Omega hits our Open Beta.”
Here’s what to expect from Marvel Heroes Omega on PS4:
- 38 Heroes will be available at launch, including Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Storm, Deadpool, and more! Players can also collect hundreds of costumes and Heroes from their favorite Marvel Teams, including the X-Men, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and more. Iron Fist and War Machine will be exclusive to the Founder’s Pack for a 6-month period.
- Chapters 1-9: Take the fight to Doctor Doom and the trickster god Loki in our fantastic nine-chapter story campaign.
- Operations: In just a matter of minutes you and a group of friends can defeat super villains and foil their schemes.
- Midtown Patrol: Defend Midtown Manhattan from the unrelenting onslaught of villains and their minions.
- Danger Room: Enter the famous X-Men training simulator, featuring randomized missions, bosses, and hazards.
- Legendary Missions: Once you’ve completed the story you have access to missions to acquire Legendary Marks of Odin which allows you to purchase Legendary Items.
- Heroic, Superheroic and Cosmic trials: To get the best loot, you have to play on the harder difficulties. These trials make sure that you are truly ready to tackle those challenges.
Daredevil will be available as a free character on May 23 from the PlayStation Store.
When Marvel Heroes Omega exits Open Beta at some point in the future, you’ll be able to unlock 35 Trophies, including a Platinum. The three Gold Trophies ask you to complete the Cosmic Trial with any hero, prestige any Hero twice, and get Five Heroes to Level 60.