Square Enix has announced that Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is releasing worldwide in early 2018 for PlayStation 4.
Developed in partnership with Team Ninja (Nioh), Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is a team-based brawler where legendary heroes and villains from the Final Fantasy franchise face off against each other. As the Amazon description shows, you can expect over 20 characters (including Noctis), over ten arenas, 3v3 battles, an all-new story, and much more:
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT introduces squad-based battle gameplay by allowing you to wage war with over 20 of your favorite Final Fantasy characters. Combining unparalleled visuals, seamless gameplay, and your favorite characters from the past 30 years of the franchise, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT welcomes all gamers with 3 vs. 3 battles and the series renowned “bravery combat system”. While aiming for supremacy, call forth familiar summons like Ifrit, Shiva, and Odin to aid you and your party! Square Enix is collaborating with Team Ninja, one of the world’s leading developers in the fighting game genre, to bring Dissidia Final Fantasy NT to life.
- Final Fantasy, everything you could ever want – Over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains to play, over ten iconic battle arenas, legendary summons, tons of equippable weapons and moogles
- The return from Eos – Noctis makes his triumphant return to the PS4 as a combatant, fighting to save the world of Dissidia
- Legendary narrative – Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II)
- Your fantasy. Your fight – Each battle you wage, you will gain XP and gil to deepen the customization of your Final Fantasy champion – from EX skills to weapons to skins, level up
- Only the brave survive – The bravery combat system allows a much deeper and more methodical approach to the fighting game genre, separating luck from skill
During the livestream for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (via Gematsu), it was revealed that PS4 and arcade cross-play won’t be included, the story on PS4 sees you playing through event scenes, and “NT” means numerous things, including New Tale, New Trial, and New Tournament.
Further information on Dissidia Final Fantasy NT will be given on Tuesday, June 13 at 3:15pm PT at the E3 Coliseum by Producer Ichiro Hazama and Director Takeo Kujiraoka. The panel will be livestreamed on Twitch and YouTube.