It’s been almost two months since Playtonic Games’ platformer Yooka-Laylee was launched (read our review here) and it looks like the game’s first big update is already upon us, according to a new post by the developers.
According to the post, Yooka-Laylee’s first big game update, called the Spit ‘n’ Polish update, will be released on PC first later this month and will be followed by a console release shortly after. The update will bring with it quite a large number of quality of life changes including the ability to skip dialogue faster, bypass cutscenes or reduce gibberish voice FX, and a new camera mode.
Here’s the full list of changes and additions coming with the update:
- Brand new pause menu music
- New optional camera mode with minimal assist
- Pagies have added signposts to Hivory Towers to help guide players to new worlds
- Design tweaks to all arcade games
- Speed improvement to scrolling through Totals Menu
- New option for shorter ‘gibberish’ voice sound FX
- New speech volume option
- New ability to speed through dialogue by holding Y
- Cut-scenes can now be skipped with Y
- New moves section added to pause menu, with image guide
- Camera design improvements throughout game (less scripted cameras, door cams now appear behind player etc)
- Restart option added in the pause menu during arcade games and Kartos challenges
- ‘Sonar-able’ objects now have more clear visual identity
- Laser move no longer requires player to crouch
- Minecart control improvements and new visual effects
- Transformation control improvements
- Improved first-person aiming controls
- New first-person aiming control options added
- Improved flying controls
- When transformed, collecting butterflies now restores energy
- Hunter tonic now tracks the last 30 Quills and Casino Tokens, in addition to the Health and Power Extenders. It will also whistle at the location of the closest rare collectable.
- Health UI is now always visible when low
- Design tweaks in various areas (Black Hole in One, Gloomy Gem Grotto etc)
- New icons added for keyboard/mouse controls
- Improved Rampo boss fight
- Added PC Display Settings to the in-game pause menu
- Performance improvements
- Audio improvements
As previously mentioned, the release of the Spit ‘n’ Polish update is scheduled for later this month for the game’s PC version but the console releases shouldn’t be too far behind.
[Source: Playtonic Games]