In order to promote the PlayStation Store, Sony is introducing a new feature over at the PlayStation Blog where they talk to game creators about their favorite PS4 titles. The first guest to get the treatment was Horizon Zero Dawn developer Guerrilla’s Managing Director, Hermen Hulst. He discussed six games that “have a special place in [his] heart – either for their unique game worlds, audiovisual excellence, intense action gameplay, or clever scares.”
Here are the titles that ended up on Hulst’s list, alongside his comments:
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End – A high water mark for the action adventure genre, A Thief’s End combines excellent pacing with stunning scenery and a fresh, compelling story.
- The Last Guardian – Few games manage to provoke an emotional response from me the way Ueda-san’s do. The Last Guardian is a work of art that will stay with me for a long, long time.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – Hideo Kojima’s parting shot for the franchise is the best stealth-action game I’ve ever played, bar none. A celebration of everything that makes Metal Gear great.
- Inside – Dark and unsettling yet extremely well-crafted, Inside is a puzzle platformer that has managed to keep me awake at night – even after I finished the game.
- Until Dawn – A pitch-perfect take on the teen slasher genre, Until Dawn’s many twists and scares kept me on the edge of my seat throughout.
- Street Fighter V – By no means do I consider myself a Street Fighter wiz, but the fact that my Juri beat Hideo Kojima’s Chun-Li means this game will forever be on my list of PS4 favorites.
On top of listing off his favorite games, Hulst also gave his opinion on what PlayStation 4 titles feature the most beautiful game worlds. Be sure to check out the PlayStation Blog to see what games had him “so engaged [he] almost couldn’t bear to leave” after wrapping up the game’s story. As one would expect, there’s some similarity between the two lists, but there are several new additions.
(Source: PlayStation Blog)