Today, Bungie revealed that the Destiny 2 Beta will include the opening campaign mission, the brand new Countdown mode, a quick look at The Farm social space, and everything else you see below:
- Homecoming – The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.
- Countdown – Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.
- Control – The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.
- The Inverted Spire – Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.
- New Subclasses – The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.
- The Farm – For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we’re inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10am Pacific, you’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.
What you won’t find in the Beta is Clan support or character progression (you’ll still receive rewards for defeating your enemies), and your progress from the Beta won’t carry over to the full game.
By participating in the Beta, you’ll receive this emblem.
As previously announced, early access to the Destiny 2 Beta begins on July 18 on PlayStation 4 and July 19 on Xbox One for those who have Destiny 2 pre-ordered. The beta will then open up to all players on PS4 and Xbox One from July 21 through July 23.
In a new video interview from IGN, Bungie’s Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy talk about their vision for Destiny 2:
Destiny 2 releases on September 6 for PS4 and Xbox One.