Yesterday, Sony released new updates for the PlayStation Messages and PlayStation Communities mobile apps, adding new features to both.
As you can see in the patch notes below, the PlayStation Messages update added the ability to share text and images from other apps and send them to your Friends, change the color of text that can be added to images, and more:
iOS Version 17.07.14 / Android Version 17.07.13
The owner and moderator can now do the following from a Community’s [Manage] menu:
- Change the Community image and background.
- Edit the Community message of the day and description.
- Accept membership requests.
- Change the Community language and timezone.
iOS Version 17.07.21 / Android Version Varies By Device
- You can now share text and images from other apps to this app and send them to your Friends.
- You can now change the color of text that can be added to images.
- [Create Message] and [Notification Settings] were added to the contextual menu. To display the contextual menu, press the app icon. (iOS 9 or later)
- [Create Message] and [Notification Settings] were added as app shortcuts. To display app shortcuts, touch and hold the app icon. (Android 7.1 or later)
- Stability during use of some features has been improved.
If you missed the news earlier today, beta sign-ups for PS4 update 5.0 are now live.