After giving us an Ultra Hard mode last month, Guerrilla Games released Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.32 on PlayStation 4 today, which includes a Story difficulty that “allows you to immerse yourself in the narrative of Horizon Zero Dawn and the exploration of Aloy’s world without having to worry too much about combat.”
With Story difficulty, you’ll find that the damage you inflict is boosted and the damage you receive is reduced considerably, “making the combat encounters manageable for less experienced players.”
Here’s the full list of patch notes for update 1.32, which is 310MB (potential mission spoilers ahead):
- Added ‘Story Mode’ difficulty. An easier difficulty setting for people that mainly want to experience the story of Horizon Zero Dawn.
- Fixed an issue for some players where human melee attackers could change their rotation and warp towards the player after jump attacking giving them an unfair advantage.
- Fixed an issue in New Game+ where some players were not allowed to fast travel to Sunfall campfires with the Shadow Stalwart Adept armour equipped.
- Fixed an issue where certain players were not able to abandon a job for a job created to buy items at a merchant.
- Fixed an issue that some players encountered where some animation events would not work properly when the player has a lot of resources.
- Fixed an issue in “Revenge of the Nora” where for some players the Nora would not help Aloy fight off the enemy during the ‘Clear the Camps’ objective.
- Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” where some players were not able to continue the quest if they dropped their Tripcaster on NG+ before talking to Rost.
- Fixed an issue in “The Sun Shall Fall” where some players were not able to get back in the palace to talk to Blameless Marad as the gates were closed.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash for certain players if they switched difficulty while Aloy is dead with an Errand active.
- Fixed an issue where for some players the game would crash if a player continuously makes ‘Jobs’ and then changes difficulty continuously.
- Minor text fixes.
Guerrilla adds that they’ll “continue to work on further fixes for and enhancements to the game based on your comments.”
The Frozen Wilds DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn launches on November 7.