The biggest update to the multiplayer dogfighting game Eve: Valkyrie – titled Warzone – is out today, and features a ton of changes.
The first big change to the game is that the launch tube selection is now gone. Instead, players can head straight for any of the available ship classes. According to CCP Games, this new “open hangar” allows pilots to experience and find ships that best fir their own playstyle.
There are also a litany of changes coming to the Gold and Silver of the game. Gold, the real-world currency in the game, is being changed to Gold Reward Capsules. “For every 200 Gold you have in your wallet, you will receive 1 Gold Reward Capsule, rounded up to the nearest multiple of 200. If you have 1 or more gold on your account, you will receive at least 1 Gold Reward Capsule as compensation.”
You can find some more changes to the game below, and read more on the update over at the CCP Games forums:
The Warzone expansion also brings:
• NEW next-generation fleet of ships, each with unique weapons and Ultra abilities
• NEW modular progression system, giving you more control over how you evolve your ships
• NEW maps: ‘Fleet’, a Sisters of EVE space station, and ‘Outpost’, a mysterious Drifter base
• NEW game mode: ‘Extraction’, which mixes combat and navigational challenges, forcing pilots to use the environment to their advantage
• NEW reward system: Earn Reward Capsules to unlock a hangar full of personalization options
Eve: Valkyrie is out now on PSVR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive.