Mutant Football League has been on consoles since early this year, but this bundled in DLC, included with the physical copy of the game, might be the extra incentive you need to finally make the purchase. Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition blitzes into retail September 18th (for PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch). This brutal arcade style football game serves as a spiritual successor to the retro classic Mutant League Football.
It’s chaotic, bloody, and bone crushing football brought into the modern era. Tim Kitzrow (original announcer of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz) absolutely kills it as the announcer, over-the-top but never obnoxious. The combat component means you can demolish your opponents on the gridiron, even going as far as firing guns. And each football field has its own traps and hazards, from saw-blades running across the first down marker to serpents coming out of the ground to devour you. Here’s everything you can expect when Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition releases in retail this fall:
The Mutant Football League:Dynasty Edition includes:
- Retail Exclusive Team Content – New contenders are stomping onto the field, with the addition of two new teams, the Purple Mutant Eaters and Hexxon Oilers, each with their own arena
- Dynasty Mode – Become the coach and GM of your favorite MFL team. Win multiple championships to become the leagues next Dynasty. Includes roster management, team salary caps, custom playbooks, player trades, cumulative player XP, free agent signings and multiple season gameplay
- New Playable Races – Rampaging Werewolves and Hell-Spawned Demons join wisecracking Skeletal Deadheads, Armored Bruiserbots, Criminal Aliens, Mutated Humans, Monstrous Orcs on the field
- Multiplayer Options – Two-player online or four-player local multiplayer gives gamers the choice to clobber one another or team up and crush opposing miscreants
- 25 Unique Teams and Fields – Players can select from 25 teams including the Nuked London Hatriots, the Killadelphia Evils and the New Goreleans Zombies, and 24 unique fields that offer a slew of deadly obstacles including landmines, booby traps, fire pits, toxic moats and buzz saws
- Hall of Fame Commentary – Original announcer of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, Tim Kitzrow delivers unforgettable, adult-oriented play-by-play commentary for every game
- Dirty Tricks Gameplay – Players can get their hands dirty for an advantage, with tactics such as Bribe the Ref, throw Bombs, or equip Shotguns and Chainsaws to inflict maximum carnage against the unsuspecting competition.
- Multiple Play Modes – Punishing play modes include Training Camp, Exhibition, Practice, Playoffs and Full Season
- Post-Play Mayhem – Players can keep the action going even after the whistle blows by bludgeoning opponents with brass knuckles, body slams, and rib-crushing kicks.
Mutant Football League Release Date for Physical Console Copies