Mutant Football League has been out on the PlayStation 4 since 2017, but the physical, retail release is just now on its way. The hard copy of this deadly arcade style football game was originally set to release on September 18, 2018, but the Dynasty Edition has been delayed to October 30, 2018. The game will cost $29.99 and will include Dynasty mode.
According to the official press release, here’s what you can expect.
This is a single player experience where you become the coach and GM of your favorite Mutant Football League team and take a group of unproven rookies and turn them into monstrous all-stars by winning multiple Mayhem Bowls over several seasons to become the league’s next Dynasty. It includes multiple season gameplay, player trades, cumulative player experience (XP), salary management, custom playbooks and free agent signings.
If you already own the game, you’ll still get to enjoy this extra via a free update when the Dynasty Edition releases right before Halloween.
Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition adds two new species, six new teams, more arenas, and several new Dirty Tricks. Below is a reminder of all the features you can expect on this deadly gridiron:
· Retail ExclusiveTeam Content – New contenders are stomping onto the field, with the addition of two new teams, the Purple Mutant Eaters and Hexxon Oilers, each with their own arena;
· Dynasty Mode – Become the coach and GM of your favorite MFL team. Win multiple championships to become the leagues next Dynasty. Includes roster management, team salary caps, custom playbooks, player trades, cumulative player XP, free agent signings and multiple season gameplay;
· New Playable Races – Rampaging Werewolves and Hell-Spawned Demons join wisecracking Skeletal Deadheads, Armored Bruiserbots, Criminal Aliens, Mutated Humans, Monstrous Orcs on the field;
· Multiplayer Options – Two-player online or four-player local multiplayer gives gamers the choice to clobber one another or team up and crush opposing miscreants;
· 25 Unique Teams and Fields – Players can select from 25 teams including the Nuked London Hatriots, the Killadelphia Evils and the New Goreleans Zombies, and 24 unique fields that offer a slew of deadly obstacles including landmines, booby traps, fire pits, toxic moats and buzz saws;
· Hall of Fame Commentary – Original announcer of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, Tim Kitzrow delivers unforgettable, adult-oriented play-by-play commentary for every game;
· Dirty TricksGameplay – Players can get their hands dirty for an advantage, with tactics such as Bribe the Ref, throw Bombs, or equip Shotguns and Chainsaws to inflict maximum carnage against the unsuspecting competition;
· Multiple Play Modes – Punishing play modes include Training Camp, Exhibition, Practice, Playoffs and Full Season;
· Post-Play Mayhem – Players can keep the action going even after the whistle blows by bludgeoning opponents with brass knuckles, body slams, and rib-crushing kicks.