Dead by Daylight is available as part of August 2018’s PlayStation Plus lineup but if you still need a reason to play, then Behaviour Interactive has you covered. The developer has announced a Scorching Summer BBQ event, which gives players a chance to unlock rewards such as Kate’s songbird slip dress and Hillbilly’s pro-pain hammer.
The event, which runs from August 7 to 21, will give players access to special generators and hooks. As survivors, repairing frozen cocktail machines will grant you Frosty Margaritas. As killers, you can hook survivors on grills to earn Survivor Chops. Collect as many Frosty Margaritas and Survivor Chops as possible to unlock the aforementioned rewards. “To spawn more Frozen Cocktail machines and Grill hooks on the map, you must burn the BBQ invitation in the Bloodweb,” wrote Behaviour Interactive.
Further details are as follows:
- Every trial starts with two Frozen Cocktail machines and 2 Grill hooks
- To spawn event more Frozen Cocktail machines or Grill hooks, acquire a BBQ invitation Offering in the Bloodweb and burn it in a trial
- Each BBQ invitation Offering played will generate 1 Frozen Cocktail machine and 1 Grill hook
- As a Killer, hook a Survivor on a Grill hook for the first time to gain 1 Survivor Chop
- As a Survivor, complete repairs on a Frozen Cocktail machine to grant all Survivors 1 Frosty Margarita
- If you played a BBQ invitation Offering, you will also score bonus Bloodpoints when the above conditions are met
- Once you reach your Frosty Margaritas goal, you will unlock Kate’s “Free Songbird” slip dress
- Once you reach your Survivor chops goal, you will unlock the Hillbilly’s “Pro-Pain” hammer
- You can only gain Frosty Margaritas and Survivor Chops in public matches
If you’re done with your objectives, you can continue playing to help your friends achieve theirs, all while gaining more Bloodpoints.
The BBQ invitation Offering is only playable during the Scorching Summer BBQ.
Grill Some Survivors in Dead by Daylight Summer Event
[Source: Dead by Daylight]