It’s time for another Fortnite update, folks! This time, the star of the show is the Shockwave Grenade, a weapon that appears to be more of a tool for wacky shenanigans than an actual weapon. There’s also a funky, new Limited Time Mode, a new character, and other little tweaks you’d expect to find when reading patch notes.
The Shockwave Grenade emits a pulse that propels its target(s) in a direction dictated by the gods of video game physics. A player can throw it at their feet to propel themselves into the air, and they won’t be subjected to fall damage. Alternatively, the video above shows a player use it to knock enemies off the map, and as we all know, fall damage is irrelevant when you’re hurtling towards the abyss.
In Save the World, we’re at week 4 of the Horde Challenge. This week, traps won’t trigger. So don’t use traps, probably. Save the World is also introducing the Bladestorm Enforcer, a new Mythic Ninja who does flips and stuff.
Finally, the new LTM is called Solid Gold. It’s a rework of the popular 50v50 mode, but all the weapons are legendary. Violence!
Here’s the patch notes:
LIMITED TIME MODE: 50V50 SOLID GOLD
The 50v50 LTM will consist of only legendary weapons and items for a limited time. Drop in and loot up!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Shockwave Grenade added.
- Shockwave Grenade will knock players back and destroy objects in their path after being knocked back.
- Allies, enemies, and vehicles hit with Shockwave Grenade will not take fall damage.
- Drops in stacks of 2, maximum stack size of 6.
- Epic Rarity.
- Can be found in Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Llamas, and chests.
Save the World
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Weekly Horde Challenge 4
- This week, prepare your forts for a no-trap challenge: Husks will not trigger traps when walking over/near them.
- Win a Legendary Redline Ramirez for the first-time completion of Weekly Horde Challenge 4.
- The Horde Weekly Challenge quest is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
Mythic Bladestorm Enforcer Ninja
- Available in the Event Store August 29, at 8 PM ET.
- Features new subclass – Bladestorm.
- New Ability:
- Kunai Storm: Ninja flips backward and throws 15 pointed knives downwards in a 0.5 tile radius. Dealing edged weapon damage. Damage is scaled based on distance with a maximum range of 4 tiles.
- New Perks:
- Kunai Collection: Eliminating enemies with Kunai Storm reduces its cooldown by 2 seconds.
- Kunai Barrage: Increase the number of kunai thrown from Kunai Storm by 6 and damage by 25%.
- Kunnaihilation: Kunai will now randomly explode and deal Energy Damage in a 0.25 tile radius.
- New Ability:
Legendary variant of Raider.
Unlock by completing the Weekly Horde Challenge 4.
[Source: Epic Games]