Called Firestorm, the mode will see 16 squads (64 players) exchanging fire over various objectives, which will be similar to the ones found in Conquest. Some objectives will involve going to fixed locations while others will appear at random, offering valuable gear and resources.
With no weapons at your disposal when you land, your squad’s first objective will be to find loot and ensure that the team is well-equipped to confront enemies. You can also use combat vehicles to your advantage, which will grant your squad an edge in aspects such as speed. “If you find something with wheels, you can drive it into battle or plot a quick escape,” said DICE.
Here’s an overview of Firestorm per the developer:
- Wage war in a ring of fire that slowly shrinks the battlefield – don’t get trapped
- Fight to be the last infantry squad standing of 64 players in 16 squads
- The game-changing addition of Battlefield vehicles lets you wipe out unsuspecting squads with a tank or drive to survive with transport vehicles
- Work together as a squad to secure objectives that grant better and rare gear
- Clash on the biggest Battlefield map to date
- Transform the map with Destruction
- Feel battle royale brought to life with stunning Battlefield graphics and audio
- Matches are tied to your Company and Battlefield V progression
EA also announced that those who preorder Battlefield V will receive a bonus Firestorm Rangers set, which includes goggles, battle fatigues, and the MKIII(S) elite combat dagger.
Battlefield V will release on November 20 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.