Fortnite Update 5.40 Encourages Quiet Take Downs and Fixes Bugs
Happy Tuesday and, on that note, happy Fortnite content update! Version 5.40 introduces us to the Suppressed Assault Rifle for quick and quiet kills. This weapon can be found in vending machines, floor loot, treasure chests, and supply drops. Meanwhile, say goodbye the Drum Gun, which has been vaulted until further notice. Performance issues are resolved, and some notable bugs in the Getaway LTM are fixed. For instance, players can “no longer land on the van without building.”
Below are the Fortnite patch notes for the week of September 11, 2018 in their entirety.
LIMITED TIME MODE: THE GETAWAY
- Players in the Getaway LTM can no longer land on the van without building.
- Reduced the Victory music at the end of a match.
- Jewel will no longer appear in inventory hotbar after being put in the Down-But-Not-Out state.
- Player models will no longer get stuck under the van after winning a match.
- Player models and items will no longer fall to the ground after winning a match.
- Enforcer Outfit no longer appears distorted to other clients from certain distances.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Suppressed Assault Rifle Added.
- Sneaky weapon that rewards trigger discipline with precision.
- Can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, and Supply Drops.
- Available in Epic and Legendary Variants.
- 32/33 damage per shot.
- Vaulted Drum Gun
- Sub-Region Matchmaking added for Southeast Asia.
- More details here.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Weekly Horde Challenge 6 is now available:
- This week, deploy your portable Fort against hordes of assassin Husks – and players have no shields!
- Earn Field Agent Rio for the first-time completion.
- This challenge is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
- New Mythic Outlander – Field Agent Rio, has been added to the Weekly Horde Challenge.
- Features new Subclass – Rook
- New Perk – Phase Cannon: Phase Shifting empowers the equipped ranged weapon causing the next shot fired to shoot a Phase projectile which pierces enemies and deals 60 base energy damage. Switching or holstering weapons removes the effect.
- Mythic Ninja: Bladestorm Enforcer no longer appears distorted to other clients at certain distances.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Wraith Assault Rifle added to the Weekly Store.
- A silenced assault rifle with excellent headshot damage that maintains impressive accuracy when fired in controlled bursts.
- Equipped with a suppressor that greatly reduces the distance that enemies hear gunshots.
- Available Wednesday, September 12 at 8 PM ET until Wednesday, September 19 at 8 PM ET.
[Source: Epic Games]