Ghost of Tsushima: Legends is going standalone today along with the release of the new Rivals mode, which will go live at 8 am PT / 11 am ET.
Sucker Punch Productions released a trailer ahead of release, which you can check out below.
Rivals mode comes to #GhostOfTsushima: Legends starting tomorrow at 8:00AM Pacific Time along with Gear Mastery, new cosmetics, and more! Here’s how to prove yourself against your rivals to win! pic.twitter.com/l02Kl6Tru8
— Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut Out Now! (@SuckerPunchProd) September 2, 2021
A brief update for Director’s Cut was also released yesterday, which does the following:
- Improved load time for viewing cosmetics in menus on PS5
- Restored color button prompts
- Various Legends adjustments
- Additional bug fixes.
As previously announced, a new Gear Mastery system will accompany the Rivals mode. An overview is as follows:
- Rivals Mode – In Rivals, two teams of two will compete to defeat waves of enemies. With each defeated foe, you’ll collect Magatama that you can use to harm the other team. For example, you can spend Magatama on Shades to block your opponents’ purchases, Curses (health drain, exploding bodies, etc), Hwacha fire, and more. Once you’ve spent enough Magatama, you’ll unlock Final Stand waves. Complete these before the opposing team to win!
- Gear Mastery System – This is a new expansion of the progression systems and rewards for Legends. Players who’ve earned 110-level gear will now be able to bind it to a class and activate “Mastery Challenges.” This will allow a piece of gear’s Ki level to be upgraded to 120 and eventually unlock a second perk slot! As you activate Mastery Challenges, you can also unlock a new Ability and new Techniques for each class.
We’ll update our readers when we have detailed patch notes.