PlayStation Blog’s annual polls are now closed and the results are finally in. Insomniac Games’ Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has been voted PlayStation 5 Game of the Year and Capcom’s Resident Evil Village is your PlayStation 4 Game of the Year.
Insomniac Games was also crowned Studio of the Year and bagged three other awards for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – Best Art Direction, Best Use of DualSense, and Best Graphical Showcase. Not only that, but PlayStation users’ Most Anticipated Game of 2022 and Beyond is – you guessed it – Insomniac Games’ Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.
Insomniac Games has been especially commended for putting out the hit Spider-Man: Miles Morales in time for the PS5’s launch as well as its work on Spider-Man Remastered, releasing Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart on top of all of that, and having two highly-anticipated new games to announce – all in less than a year! That acquisition really worked out for Sony, eh?
Other winners include:
- Resident Evil Village‘s Lady Dimitrescu (Best New Character)
- Resident Evil Village (Best Story)
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Best Soundtrack)
- It Takes Two (Best Multiplayer Experience)
- FIFA 22 (Best Sports Game)
- Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut (Best Accessibility Features)
- Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut (Best Re-Release)
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits (Independent Game of the Year)
- Hitman 3 (PS VR Game of the Year)
Sony noted that the turnout for polls this year was pretty high and many games were neck to neck until the last minute.
What do our readers think of the results? Share your thoughts with us below.
[Source: PS Blog]