Nintendo Direct and PlayStation State of Play September 2022 took place on the same day, inundating fans with announcements and reveals, some of which were a tad surprising. PS4, PS5 players were surprised by the announcement of Octopath Traveler 2 at Nintendo Direct, for example, and the announcement of Yakuza: Ishin! for the West. We’ve compiled all the relevant announcements for our readers from both events below.
PS4, PS5 games announced at Nintendo Direct and State of Play September 2022
- Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse is coming to PS5 and PS4 in early 2023.
- Octopath Traveler 2 is headed to PS5 and PS4 in 2023.
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion launching on PS5 and PS4 on December 13, 2022.
- Just Dance 2023 will release on November 23, 2022 for PS5.
- Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered will launch on December 1, 2022 for PS5 and PS4.
- Tales of Symphonia Remastered is coming to PS4.
- Tekken 8 is headed to PS5.
- Action game Rise of the Ronin is a PS5 console exclusive coming in 2024.
- Yakuza: Ishin is headed to the West as Like a Dragon: Ishin.
- Survival driving sim Pacific Drive coming to PS5 in 2023.
- Project EVE is now Stellar Blade and it’ll release in 2023.
- Hogwarts Legacy’s PS5-exclusive quest finally revealed.
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge Enhanced Edition is headed to PSVR 2.
- RPG dungeon crawler Demeo headed to PSVR 2.
- Bandai Namco’s sci-fi shooter Synduality is coming to PS5 in 2023.
- We got more details about the PlayStation Stars program (don’t worry, no sign of NFTs).
- God of War Ragnarok got a story trailer.
- And finally, here’s a God of War Ragnarok-themed DualSense controller that features Kratos and Atreus as animals.
That’s a lot of announcements! Expect more of these as we head into Tokyo Game Show 2022, where a number of the aforementioned games will be further detailed and showcased. In the meantime, share your favorite announcements with us below.