Could Tales of Graces F Finally Make it Outside Japan?
Namco Bandai’s Tales franchise has always had quite a niche following outside of Japan, but the sales just haven’t warranted another localized release. Maybe it’s time to try again?
I know I know, it doesn’t make sense. I myself said that it wouldn’t happen. Heck, the PS3 version of Tales of Versperia already HAD an English translation from the 360 but it didn’t get localized. But someone over at Namco Bandai must have gotten a word in with the people who makes decisions, because it actually looks like it will happen. Don’t believe me? Let me take you through how it all went down.
- Namco Bandai posted a link on their Facebook page to a mysterious page. This page had nothing on it but a few glyphs. No big deal right? Wrong.
- Incredibly intelligent Tales fan Zachary Cantrell figured out what the glyphs mean. Tale of Two Richards. Now what could that mean?
- ATaleofTwoRichards.com was a new website registered and created by Namco Bandai. But just having the word “Tale” in the name isn’t enough is it?
- One of the main characters in Tales of Graces F is named, you guessed it Richard. Who, in the game, you actually meet as an adult AND as a child. Two. Richards. Didn’t we just hear about two Richards? But that’s not even the biggest thing.
- Check out Exhibit A.
- Now let’s juxtapose that with the header image above. Looks familiar, doesn’t it? Now check out Exhibit B.
- NeoGAF member milasden decided to “de-blur” the image.
I call this case: closed.