Resistance 3 Dated in Europe, Pre-Order Bonuses Announced
Official reveals of Resistance 3 have been trickling our way since late September. With a US release date already pinned down, Europe is next to announce when the game will be available. Pre-order bonuses have also been detailed, and everything is available to read about after the break.
As detailed on the official EU PS Blog, those of you in the UK and Ireland can expect to be fighting the Chimera in all their gruesome forms on 9th September. The rest of the PAL region will receive the game a bit earlier, on the 7th of September. Pre-order goodies have also been announced, and where you can get them varies depending on your region and which retailer you purchase from:
- SRPA Black Ops skin: Once a common sight in the war against the Chimera, this special SRPA Black Ops multiplayer skin lets you return to the battlefield as one of the most mysterious and deadly soldiers from Resistance 2 and Resistance: Fall of Man.
- Infected Nathan Hale skin: By skipping his viral inhibitor treatment throughout Resistance 2, Nathan Hale fell victim to the deadly Chimera virus. Now you can resurrect the fallen hero with this special multiplayer character skin.
- Air Fuel grenade: Equip Joseph Capelli with an explosive advantage as he embarks on his journey across America. This exclusive grenade releases a cloud of highly flammable vapour, creating a huge blast when ignited – perfect for taking out hordes of Chimera in tight urban spaces.
- Special multiplayer title: “Sentinel”: Pledge your allegiance to the elite unit of the SRPA – the Sentinels – with this multiplayer title, exclusive to pre-order customers.
- Multiplayer booster: Get an early advantage on the multiplayer battlefield by starting the fight at level 5 – and gain access to a range of character and weapon customisation options.
- Chimera tooth necklace: Show your support for the resistance by wearing Joseph Capelli’s Chimera tooth necklace.
A special edition of the game has also been announced for the region, pictured above (and in more detail in the gallery below). It contains a steelbook case, voucher for all the pre-order bonuses in the list above, and a Blu-Ray disc that has a “vinyl effect” on its top mimicking old-fashioned records common to the era in which the game takes place.
Finally, a “Survivor Edition” (pictured below) has also been announced. It contains all of the following:
- Canvas satchel: Capelli’s rugged and reliable satchel, ideal for long journeys across the ravaged American landscape.
- Chimera firing range target: Know your enemy; perfect your aim or take out your frustrations on this life-size Chimera target poster.
- “Fight for Freedom” toy soldiers: Play out the battle on a small scale with these toy soldiers depicting Joseph Capelli and Chimera fighters.
- Joseph Capelli’s Journal: Read Capelli’s notes on the journey ahead of him, the enemies he’ll face and the weapons he’ll use – and start writing your own story as you fight the Chimera.
- SRPA hip flask: Keep the cold at bay or give yourself the courage to fight on with this standard issue SRPA soldier’s hip flask.
- SRPA playing cards: Pass the time between battles with this deck of SRPA soldier’s playing cards.
Prices for the special and survivor editions were not given, but we will update you as soon as these are revealed.
Resistance 3 is now set to release on September 6th/7th/9th in North America, Europe and the UK/Ireland respectively.