The Best of PSLS
With PSLS not featuring any new content during our site maintenance period, we thought it would be a good time to highlight some of our best features and editorials so that you have something to read in the meantime.
The History of PS Ads
How did the PlayStation brand go from nothingness to number one (and then number three)? Through a series of awesome, bizarre, disturbing and barely legal adverts of course! Be sure to read how the ads evolved across the PSone, PS2, PSP and PS3.
The Worst is Yet to Come: Anonymous Talks to PSLS
Anonymous may have gotten bored of Sony (so much for “We Never Forget”), but PSLS’ exclusive interview with one of the group’s leading members still provides a fascinating insight into why they attacked Sony, and what they aimed to do.
See also: An interview with AVG’s Chief Research Officer Roger Thompson about how anyone can be hacked, and how the entire internet is unsecured; and have a browse another interview with Anonymous about their second, lamer attack over SOPA support.
Who Owns Your PS3? KaKaRoTo Talks Modifing The PS3′s Firmware, Piracy and DRM
In another slightly controversial post, our interview/argument with prominent PS3 custom firmware developer discusses who owns your PS3, and the software on it – you, or Sony. Should the need to tinker be all that matters, or should all steps be taken to prevent piracy?
See also: KaKaRoTo’s opinions on why jailbreaking shouldn’t be made illegal.
How to Play Japanese Games and Rule at it
PSLS’ Japan-based correspondent Heath Hindman explains how to get past the Japanese language barrier when playing imported games, without having to learn the whole language.
The Evolution of Extinction
In this epically in-depth feature, PSLS charts the history of mankind’s obsession with the apocalypse, dating back to the ‘proto-apocalyptic’ age of Jewish literature, following the rise of literature, movies, comics and games, all the way up to The Last of Us. Enjoy!
See also: Our guide to surviving the apocalypse. Thank us when the zombies rise up.
Some others you might like:
- Here Be Dragons – a look at the origin of dragons in history, films and games.
- Console Killers – with cloud gaming, smartphones, social, smart TVs and more coming to the fore, where will consoles be in 10-20 years?
- The Future is Going to Suck – don’t expect the next generation to be that great either.
- Why Buying A Cloud Gaming Company Could Be The Smartest Move Sony Has Made This Generation – if Sony act soon, they could at least be a part of the future.
- Sony’s Biggest E3 Announcements Ever – megatonnage.
- Fall of Resistance – who’s gonna stop those Chimera?
- My Fear of Immortality – is death too meaningless in games?
- PSN Review: Go Outside and Live Your Life – the PSN may be back, but you should probably still follow this.
- The World’s Best Trophy Hunter’s Hardest Platinum Trophies – these are all way too hard.
We’ll be back shortly, with a bunch more features, so stay tuned!