Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Trophy Guide
Extending the coverage of PSLS’ trophy guides, and with the help of some friends, I bring you a break down for the PS3 exclusive JRPG Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.
Please note: Trophy guides will often contain spoilers for story aspects, so proceed at your own caution. There are collectables to be found in Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, but due to the ability to use spells and the in-game map to give you their locations, those assets have not been provided here.
Wizardry Whiz – Platinum [Hidden]
– Awarded for becoming a master magician. Congratulations! You truly are a whiz at wizardry!
Collect all other trophies.
Out of this world – Bronze
– Awarded for casting Gateway and traveling to another world.
Cast Gateway from spellbook
En Guardian!- Bronze [Hidden]
– Awarded for defeating the Guardian of the Woods and bringing him back to his senses.
Defeat the Guardian of the Woods in Chapter 1.
Anchors Aweigh – Bronze [Hidden]
– Awarded for obtaining the Sea Cow
Unlock the ship in Chapter 2, after you defeat Swaine’s Nightmare in Castaway Cove.
Fly the Friendlier Skyies – Bronze [Hidden]
- Awarded for befriending Tengri
Unlocked in chapter 5 when you free the dragon from Kublai, by curing Tengri’s broken heart.
Wonder Wand – Bronze [Hidden]
- Awarded for restoring the legendary wand Mornstar to its former glory.
Restore the wand Mornstar back to its original state.
A Tonic for the Djinn – Bronze [Hidden]
– Awarded for defeating the Dark Djinn
Defeat the Dark Djinn in Chapter 6 – He’s a difficult battle, but by using the Mornstar you will be able to cancel his attacks, and cause him to be stunned.
Council Trouncer – Silver [Hidden]
– Awarded for freeing the other world from the clutches of the Zodiarchy.
Defeat the last boss in Chapter 7 – Be sure to defend against Onslaught, as it is his deadliest attack, and a successful defense will cause glims to be knocked out. Using the gold glims released to do massive damage, while using a proper defense, and keeping your party healed should help you weather the storm.
King of the World – Gold [Hidden]
– Awarded for defeating the Guardian of the Worlds.
Defeat the hidden boss (Guardian of the worlds) after you beat the game.
Guildering the Lily – Silver
- Awarded for amassing a fortune of half a million Guilders.
- The easiest way to obtain Guilders is to play Platoon.
- Trade in chips for the Medal of Agility.
- Sell them.
Man of Steel – Bronze
– Awarded for successfully stealing 50 times.
Use the steal ability 50 times in fights. The simplest way to achieve this is to fight in an easier area casting steal, before you dispatch your foes.
Glim Reaper – Bronze
- Awarded for gathering 2,000 glims.
After completing 1000 battles you should have completed this achievement fairly easily.
Little Battler Experience – Silver
– Awarded for winning 1,000 battles.
Win 1,000 battles by fighting, and then keep fighting.
Overfamiliar – Bronze
– Awarded for maximizing a familiar’s familiarity.
Get a familiar to level 5 familiarity by feeding it its favorite food item, and then using it in battle to reduce its fullness.
Pedigree Breeder – Bronze
– Awarded for training a familiar to its full potential.
Feed a familiar enough treats to add 50 points of ability bonuses.
Viva the Evolution! – Bronze
- Awarded for managing 10 metamorphoses.
Level 10 familiars up to the point of metamorphosis, then feed them the appropriate drop.
Familiarizer – Bronze
– Awarded for taming 20 different species
Capture 20 different types of familiars by beating them down till a heart appears above their head, then have Esther sing her song.
Familiarologist – gold [Hidden]
- Awarded for taming 250 different species.
Capture 250 different types of familiars by beating them down till a heart appears above their head, then have Esther sing her song.
Boy Scout – Bronze
– Awarded for running 15 different errands.
Complete 15 different errands found on each cities errand board.
Humanitarian of the Year – Silver [Hidden]
- Awarded for running 60 different errands.
Complete 60 different errands found on each cities errand board.
New Sheriff in Town – Bronze
– Awarded for completing 10 different bounty hunts.
Complete 10 different bounties found on each cities bounty board.
Bounty Hunter – Silver [Hidden]
- Awarded for completing 40 different bounty hunts.
Complete 40 different bounties found on each cities bounty board.
Super Hero – Gold [Hidden]
- Awarded for collecting all of the merit awards
Fill out all of the merit stamp cards – Simply doing tasks for people through each city, will have them reward you by stamping your merit stamp card.
Pop Pop Fizz Fizz – Bronze
– Awarded for alchemizing 10 different items.
Use alchemy to make 10 different things by simply combining various food items and ingredients.
Mad Scientist – Gold [Hidden]
– Awarded for alchemizing 120 different items.
Use alchemy to make 120 different things by simply combining various food items and ingredients.
Treasure Hunter – Silver
– Awarded for finding all hidden treasure chests.
A spell later on will put the location of all 100 treasures on your map, use that to locate each chest.
Globetrotter – Silver
- Awarded for setting foot in all secluded regions.
Enter each hostile area, hidden cave, and hidden forest glade throughout the game. This can be a time consuming trophy to obtain, but make sure to leave no area uncovered as you sweep your way through the world.
Raising the Stake – Bronze
– Awarded for collecting your first prize at the casino
Exchange casino chips for a prize at the Crypt Casino cashier.
High Roller – Silver [Hidden]
– Awarded for collecting all of the tickets for the Mem-O-Vision by winning big at the casino.
Buy all of RIP room’s movie tickets from the casino cashier, you will need 75,000 to purchase all 4.
Solosseum Slugger – Bronze [Hidden]
– Awarded for becoming the champion of the Solosseum Series.
Get Rank S in the Solosseum battle arena.
Magic Master – Silver
– Awarded for learning all of Oliver’s spells.
Unlocked once all of Oliver’s spells are obtained.
Prima Donna – Bronze
- Awarded for learning all of Esther’s songs.
Unlocked once all of Esther’s songs are obtained.
Gunslinger – Bronze
– Awarded for learning all of Swaine’s trick shots.
Unlocked once all of Swaine’s trick shots are obtained.
None of the trophies listed for Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch are terribly difficult, just time consuming, and arduous. Feel free to discuss your favorite familiar in the comments section below, as well as ask any questions you may have for your fellow trophy hunters, so that someone can help you. Also, you can find me on twitter @Foolsjoker, if you have any direct questions.